Speculation from unnamed head coach: Saban could surprise by drafting Smith | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Speculation from unnamed head coach: Saban could surprise by drafting Smith

Nice one Doc -- he's my favorite player in the draft. I think Saban wants a guy he can "turn over the keys to the car" to, and Smith has the talent AND all the intangibles for it. And why do you think he's trying so hard to get Ricky back right now? All that has come on the heels of Smith's workout. Do the math....

IMO Henry will not get much by any team....he is already threatening a hold out....if the Bills don't find a trade partner now or after the draft and Henry still holds out..I'd say watch for his release in a cap move. Either way Henry would not command much since there is only one year left on his contract and we all know there is no way in H#ll the Bills will franchise him.

fishypete said:
I don't think Saban is going to draft a QB early

of course you dont, because you've made it abundantly clear you dont want one...however, you are not in the war room on the 23rd, so it really doesn't matter what you want, I want, anybody wants

"I'd like to think we'll never pick here again and, because of that, if the opportunity is there to get the right guy, I think you have to do it," Nolan said.

I've been saying that all along about Miami and drafting QB.

It appears the 49ers are liking Rodgers more.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/03/24/ONTHENFL.TMP

A week after watching Rodgers and Smith in individual workouts, Nolan said Rodgers was ahead at this stage based on his mechanics playing the position, largely because Rodgers played in a conventional offense at Cal while Smith played mostly in the shotgun at Utah.

Good, leave us with the best QB in the draft, Smith.

I think Saban is a good "poker player." He is keeping everyone guessing as far as his draft interests - which is probably causing the coaches with picks #3-7 a lot of heartburn...this also probably helps us if any coaches want to move up to take our #2 spot. I think Smith would be a nice fit in Miami...Urban Meyer, former Utah coach, said Smith was as good as any QB in college and the best he has ever coached. Smith seems to be a sharp guy as well, and not someone who spent his college years taking basket weaving and "rocks for jocks" classes.

Roman529 said:
not someone who spent his college years taking basket weaving and "rocks for jocks" classes.

you mean like Chris Rix and Lorenzo Booker, both of which were in my Sports Officiating class?

I think there is a very good possibility Saban might draft Smith. I also think there is a possibility that the Browns will draft Ronnie Brown right behind them and then trade his rights and their second or third round pick for the rights to Smith.

Rick 1966 said:
I think there is a very good possibility Saban might draft Smith. I also think there is a possibility that the Browns will draft Ronnie Brown right behind them and then trade his rights and their second or third round pick for the rights to Smith.

Now THAT is an intriguing and feasible possibility.

I could live with Saban drafting QB A. Smith. He's better than Rodgers....

I don't think Smith will be starting anytime soon though. He'll need at least one season on the bench for grooming, and then maybe another for starting experience before showing any improvement at the QB position. It's no guarrantee he'd be any better than who we already have.....

I'm not for drfating a QB, but I'm not completely against it if the 49ers take Rodgers or a WR....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Justasportsfan said:
I hope Jason Taylor likes playing in the cold :D .

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

For Henry? :roflmao:

Take 3rd or a 4th and be happy...otherwise take nothing. :evil:

DrAstroZoom said:
Now THAT is an intriguing and feasible possibility.

I agree but I don't think it's likely. It's not like it hasn't happened before, though.

Dudeman said:
of course you dont, because you've made it abundantly clear you dont want one...however, you are not in the war room on the 23rd, so it really doesn't matter what you want, I want, anybody wants

Maybe more than that....Saban doesn't need to look over any other QB's...if his mind is set on Smith....why waste the time...but he has looked over other QB's....Lefors, perhaps Greene...and a few others. The only team that can beat him is the 49ers and nothing he can do will change that...so common sense should tell you...Smith isn't on his mind. It's not something he has to hide...hey I'm going to select Smith...thats all. Thats why I don't believe Smith is going to be the Dolphins selection with the 2nd pick.

fishypete said:
Maybe more than that....Saban doesn't need to look over any other QB's...if his mind is set on Smith....why waste the time...but he has looked over other QB's....Lefors, perhaps Greene...and a few others. The only team that can beat him is the 49ers and nothing he can do will change that...so common sense should tell you...Smith isn't on his mind. It's not something he has to hide...hey I'm going to select Smith...thats all. Thats why I don't believe Smith is going to be the Dolphins selection with the 2nd pick.

What the HELL did you just say? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom