Speculation from unnamed head coach: Saban could surprise by drafting Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Speculation from unnamed head coach: Saban could surprise by drafting Smith

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
I tried to label this as clearly as I could. Now I'll give you the excerpt and the link.

As for [Alex] Smith, another head coach suggested that the Miami Dolphins could pull a surprise and take the Ute with the No. 2 pick in the draft – despite their obvious need for a running back. The reasoning? The draft is deep enough that Miami could pick up a running back in a later round, or deal for Buffalo's Travis Henry, and fill two needs with quality players.

NFL Meetings Notebook

wowo this says that 9ers are leaning towards rodgers

One NFC coach who has been paying attention to the workout circuit said Wednesday that he believes the San Francisco 49ers have settled on Cal quarterback Aaron Rodgers with the No. 1 overall pick, and although 49ers coach Mike Nolan wouldn't say it, he sounded like Rodgers had clearly put himself at the top of the San Francisco draft board, ahead of Utah quarterback Alex Smith.
"Aaron is certainly ahead of Alex because of the style of offense he ran," Nolan said. "Alex was doing a lot of things in the workout that he really hadn't done for two or three years. He did take a drop but it was a little different. The mechanics of coming out from beneath the center and setting and throwing is not as good. Both of them are very accurate and have been throughout their college careers. The difference in Aaron at this point is because he's been doing those types of things physically."

DrAstroZoom said:
I tried to label this as clearly as I could. Now I'll give you the excerpt and the link.

NFL Meetings Notebook

Good job ! :)

I hope that Saban surprises the pants off the other coaches and personnel guys (I know...not a pretty sight)

Yep.Thats what Celtkin and I have been saying.Its our Celtic blood.Merlin had it too.:lol:

DrAstroZoom said:

NFL Meetings Notebook

Nice title, don't want to get yelled at like boomer :roflmao:

PS

No Cleveland jokes from me! :wink:

I think there is a very good chance we draft him.

CrunchTime said:
Yep.Thats what Celtkin and I have been saying.Its our Celtic blood.Merlin had it too.:lol:

Well, if we do get Smith, my column suggesting it will become a collector's item. :D

I love the excitement and the fact I'm not terrified of what Saban is going to do (see: Wanny).

This might the first time in a while that Miami announces a first-3-round selection and I'm not like "huh?"

I trust Saban.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Nice title, don't want to get yelled at like boomer :roflmao:

PS

No Cleveland jokes from me! :wink:

I think there is a very good chance we draft him.

Yeah, at least I wasn't quoting the Plain Dealer. What a rag! :roflmao:

CrunchTime said:

:lol:

If this keeps up, we'll have to get a larger bandwagon.

DrAstroZoom said:
Well, if we do get Smith, my column suggesting it will become a collector's item. :D

You mean some people don't have it framed yet? :eek:

I think he goes Brown, but to say it would be a suprise if he took Smith is a bit of a reach IMO. I dont think it would be much of a suprise. I am not high on Smith but he is rated highly so it cant be considered a suprise IMO.

Justasportsfan said:
I hope Jason Taylor likes playing in the cold :D .

:roflmao:

Keep dreaming...

And now on to the actual topic.

I trust Saban so whoever he picks #2 I'll be happy with.

Back
Top Bottom