Speculation is that the Miami Dolphins are getting calls for 3rd overall pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Speculation is that the Miami Dolphins are getting calls for 3rd overall pick

The Jets aren’t good enough to give up the farm for Watson, they either stand pat or draft a QB.

That Makes Miami’s pick the interesting one in my opinion.

I personally don’t Believe Watson would go to the Jets...so The Jets would at best be doing a trade down for more equity, that would indicate they aren’t done with Darnold....win win!

The Draft is more than TWO months away.

There is no point in anyone making calls about anything.

Teams have not even set their boards yet.
I'm with you but if someone wanted to make a monster trade I GUESS they could do it now. Still seems weird in Mid Feb though.

I can tell you, its not all fake news. I have a relative in sports journalism and I've heard some stuff, I can't divulge on social media. Its not just speculation of GM's talking, there is others within the industry talking as well.
Well, I was talking in general. I know that not every single piece of news out there is fake.

I can’t remember a time that I felt Better being a dolphins fan heading into draft day.

we have the 3rd overall pick AND we are a good football team. Wow.
I'm with you on that. Legitimate and quantifyable optimism for the future too. Not those 'maybe possibly if Saturn, Jupiter and Pluto aligned during a blood moon' places we've been in the past.

I'm with you on that. Legitimate and quantifyable optimism for the future too. Not those 'maybe possibly if Saturn, Jupiter and Pluto aligned during a blood moon' places we've been in the past.
(((Insert Uranus one liner here)))

I could see Trevor Lawrence being a great fit for the Texans and Watson being a great fit in Jacksonville. Houston gets Jax’s two first round picks and TL? That’s the deal or in my opinion, Watson stays in Houston. But Watson in Jacksonville moves up Urban Meyers initial success and ultimate flame out and retirement up a full two seasons.

...For example, Denver offering Jerry Jeudy, the 9th pick, 153 and a 2022 2nd rounder. If that’s the deal I want I’d rather make it today and get on with evaluating the players at the pick I will end up at.

The Jets will show their hand when they trade Sam Darnold to Chicago for a third.

I'd be down for the phins fleecing Denver

Which team would provide more comedy? The jest for being the jest or Da Bears swapping Trubisky for Darnold

p.s. Have you noticed Darnold looks like Samwise from LoTR?

It’s also important to note that the league year doesn’t start until March. We wouldn’t be able to hold anyone to a trade that was offered and accepted until the first day of the new league year

Last edited:
I could see Trevor Lawrence being a great fit for the Texans and Watson being a great fit in Jacksonville. Houston gets Jax’s two first round picks and TL? That’s the deal or in my opinion, Watson stays in Houston. But Watson in Jacksonville moves up Urban Meyers initial success and ultimate flame out and retirement up a full two seasons.

That deal would be a straight swap TL for DW, given the cap implications.

Back
Top Bottom