Spielman gone? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spielman gone?

I agree with you on everything except the RB. I think we wasted a high pick on Gordon, come on, BS pick, but that RB you are talking about in Chicago, he is still Unsigned. I do like him though too, odd, but anyway. Speilman screwed this team and should be with this team.

BringBackShula said:
Forget that! How bout only being in charge of personel for only 1 year and still manage to ROYALLY screw THAT up! How many GM's do THAT?! Not many that get to stick around.

Let's see,

Poole, Bua, Pope, Hadnot, Pape still in the foe, Carey looked good his starts, James, St. Clair, McIntosh on short notice, Booker, Gilmore, Welcher, Boston, not speilman's fault he got hurt, He tried for Woody and Tait, too much money, way to go Speilman. And a potential in AJ, that's not a bad first year by any measure.

Darn, I almost forgot about all those other moves by flat top. I hope Nick takes control of the personnel aspect, and at least demotes flat top, maybe receptionist??

islandah said:
It's not like the Feeley trade was his only mistake, just his most glaring. Giving a first and a fourth for Carey didn't help him

Carey was the only remaining high grade Tackle/Guard. Let's say he hadn't given the 4th to get him. And let's say he WAS drafted by some other team who DID trade into the spot, exactly WHERE did you expect him to find a servicable option for OLine? A starter during the year? You don't recall all the heat he was under to get OLINE as TOP Priority in the draft? Don't remember all the "Carey" threads of people wanting him drafted?

islandah said:
and there are those that feel he didn't get all he could've for Ogun.

Edgerrin James and Shaun Alexander are being shopped for 2nd round picks. Last year, T.O. was acquired for a 2nd. Exactly WHAT did you think Ogun was worth? (The days of 1st round draft pick trades for players are becoming scarce)

islandah said:
It's not much of stretch to say without his moves we would have:
a 2nd round pick this year(instead of Feeley)
the U of M D tackle that the pats took(instead of Carey, who didn't start)
plus whatever we would have gotten for our 4th last year(instead of Carey, who didn't start!)
A decent running back from Chicago that was rumored to be on the table (instead of Gordon, an unknown who didn't play)

So, you wanted Fiedler as your QB?

Newsflash! (MiamiDolphins.com)
Pro (Vernon Carey)

2004 - Has started twice, played in a reserve role 12 times this season and was inactive twice ... Started at right tackle on Oct. 17th at Buffalo and made his first NFL start at right tackle on Oct. 10th at New England in place of the injured John St. Clair ... Made his Dolphin and NFL debut on September 11th vs. Tennessee ... Played in a reserve role all four preseason games ... Signed a five-year contract on July 30, 2004 ... First round draft choice (19th overall selection) by Miami in the 2004 draft.

HE DID START!

And you wanted ATrain instead of Gordon? You wanted a SLOWER back behind OUR LINE?

:shakeno:

RIGHT! Good CALL!

Not hardly...

Phinsdude said:
We traded away our 2nd and 3rd round picks, which are the picks awarded to the teams that need them the most by finishing like we did. We might have gotten a 3rd back, but it's a later third. If we draft a QB this year, AJ Feeley will be released by the Dolphins after this year, which would be the biggest bust in our history, worse then Jamar Fletcher IMO. He is due a 3 million dollar roster bonus, and we aint paying that if we put 40 million into another QB. And the title of this thread got my hopes up, it's very misleading.

Were't around for Rick Norton, were you?

Sorry, Spielman is a loser as a GM and has the dignified honor of being one of the last holdovers from the Wannstedt regime. Don't let the door hit you in the arse, Ricko.

BringBackShula said:
Forget that! How bout only being in charge of personel for only 1 year and still manage to ROYALLY screw THAT up! How many GM's do THAT?! Not many that get to stick around.

Plenty....

TheMadPorpoise said:
Sorry, Spielman is a loser as a GM and has the dignified honor of being one of the last holdovers from the Wannstedt regime. Don't let the door hit you in the arse, Ricko.
hahaha...I love it. "G.D. Fiedler" I think i've said worse.

TheMadPorpoise said:

His picks have 2 more years before you really know, don't they..??? Spielman was the best thing to happen to Dave, and I hope Saban sees the value.

miami_mi said:
Just a thought, if we do take a qb at #2, that must be a pre-cursor to the firing of Spielman. That would be a big slap in the face, basically stating that he wasted a high draft choice on Feeley.

Not necessarily a slap in the face...just a different regime with a different direction, but it is likely that Speilman will be gone to either a GM spot somewhere else or whatever...He is not Saban's guy and I just don't see him staying around...however, Mr. H. is very big on keeping guys, so perhaps there will be a position for him ?? Who knows ?

Speilman seems like a decent guy. He's a demonstrated failure as an NFL GM.

On top of the flop list already mentioned in this thread, remember he damn near signed McIntosh to a much more expensive contract. Speilman didn't do his homework on the guy and only a friendly "by the way, you should check him out more thoroughly" prevented the original press conference and bigger FA deal.

What irked me most was the simpleton approach. He targeted specific positions and would not budge regardless of equal value, or even close to that. That led to the panic-attack tradeup for Carey and picking up a WR and a RB in the Ogunleye and Gordon deals. Short term tunnelvision has compromised our near-future under Saban. You also can't repeatedly pretend other teams' 2nd and 3rd teamers will blossum under our magical tutelage. That's the Gary Stevens chicken salad reality.

Speilman is a hard worker who deserves a fresh start at a lower position elsewhere.

The key word is elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom