Spielman gone? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spielman gone?

miami_mi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just a thought, if we do take a qb at #2, that must be a pre-cursor to the firing of Spielman. That would be a big slap in the face, basically stating that he wasted a high draft choice on Feeley.

miami_mi said:
Just a thought, if we do take a qb at #2, that must be a pre-cursor to the firing of Spielman. That would be a big slap in the face, basically stating that he wasted a high draft choice on Feeley.
My prayers have come true. :french:

miami_mi said:

I don't see it that way at all

Why? Every coach/personnel man has made 100% correct calls his whole career? And you think Gus starts next year with a rookie as a 3rd string?

All I heard last year was how this was Spielmans last gamble as far as getting Feeley, to me it appears that his future as a QB in our organization is cloudy at best. How many here questioned giving up a second round pick, for an unproven quarterback.

bigmiamifan said:
Why? Every coach/personnel man has made 100% correct calls his whole career? And you think Gus starts next year with a rookie as a 3rd string?

Forget that! How bout only being in charge of personel for only 1 year and still manage to ROYALLY screw THAT up! How many GM's do THAT?! Not many that get to stick around.

I agree, that's why we're in a bind now, regarding our second round pick. If T.O. was had for a what 3rd pick, I think we could have at least given up a 5th or 6th for Feeley. If he was a good G.M., he should have done his homework for this draft and realized that giving up our second pick was not worth getting Feeley. Smells like desperation to me.

miami_mi said:
All I heard last year was how this was Spielmans last gamble as far as getting Feeley, to me it appears that his future as a QB in our organization is cloudy at best. How many here questioned giving up a second round pick, for an unproven quarterback.

And how many want to use a #1 for an unproven QB?? Probably the same folks who think Feeley wasn't worth the gamble. We will see

I dont know. I dont think Saban is picking up Smith because we NEED a great quarterback this year and Spielman messed up...I think thats why they signed frerrotte. Even though hes far from a great QB.

I think Sabans picking Smith because he's the best player available at 2. Which is why I also think the Dolphins dont want the number 2 spot. They want to pick the best player available to them who is also what the team needs the most. And that might be at the number 5 pick, with a running back. And also at whatever the Bucs may give us later on in the draft.

We traded away our 2nd and 3rd round picks, which are the picks awarded to the teams that need them the most by finishing like we did. We might have gotten a 3rd back, but it's a later third. If we draft a QB this year, AJ Feeley will be released by the Dolphins after this year, which would be the biggest bust in our history, worse then Jamar Fletcher IMO. He is due a 3 million dollar roster bonus, and we aint paying that if we put 40 million into another QB. And the title of this thread got my hopes up, it's very misleading.

Regarding the post on an unproven QB like smith, is simple, we have more information on Smith. He has started more games in college compared to Feeley is just one part of the equation. It's all hindsight now, I just hope it works out in the end, and Feeley is the next coming of Dan Marino (didn't Huizenga say that?)

That's why I put a question mark at the end of the title, sorry if it was misleading.

bigmiamifan said:

It's not like the Feeley trade was his only mistake, just his most glaring. Giving a first and a fourth for Carey didn't help him and there are those that feel he didn't get all he could've for Ogun. It's not much of stretch to say without his moves we would have:
a 2nd round pick this year(instead of Feeley)
the U of M D tackle that the pats took(instead of Carey, who didn't start)
plus whatever we would have gotten for our 4th last year(instead of Carey, who didn't start!)
A decent running back from Chicago that was rumored to be on the table (instead of Gordon, an unknown who didn't play)

We would then be looking at this draft much differently
We would still need to draft a qb, which we may be doing anyway
We wouldn't have the glaring rb need, but we'd have a 2nd rd pick
We wouldn't have had to spend the $ on Carter
Our o-line situation would be about the same, could've spent the carter $ on a top FA LT
We wouldn't need to trade down as badly since we would have all our picks except 6th rd (Boston, which I think was a decent gamble)

BringBackShula said:
Forget that! How bout only being in charge of personel for only 1 year and still manage to ROYALLY screw THAT up! How many GM's do THAT?! Not many that get to stick around.

Please do tell me how he Royally screwed up. I mean, you said "forget that!". So without Feeley as an argument, what do you have left?

That he negotiated cap friendly contracts that allowed us to "audition" guys at lower risk and still be able to cut them?

That he had the most productive draft in almost a decade?

That he got Boston injured?

That he got Gordon injured?

That he traded for Booker?

That he brought in a new QB to help unseed Fiedler as the starter?

That his overall moves help create a competitive environment that Wanny would soon rather leave than stay?

That he remained at his post in the most ridiculous offseason and injury riddled season in team history? While still managing to replace talent with talent?

Please do tell.

Instead of "I said so" as being your reason. Back it UP! With clear and relevant information that leads to an intelligent conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom