spielman has done the right thing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

spielman has done the right thing

dolfan91

Class Clown
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
i was wondering when all the cut's and or restructuring were going to take place... i love the way spielman does business.. he is always thinking ahead... by restructuring tim bowens, mare, chester and jay williams.. he took into acct the 2005 season.. and all the contracts were set up to be cap friendly for 2005 as well as 2004 .. this guy knows what he is doing... he also put pressure on sam madison as well by backing off of restructuring his deal... spielman knows that sam counts 8 million on the 2004 cap, but in 2005 madison last year of his contract he counts almost 10 million... he now forces madison to step up his play or face being cut... spielman has now positioned himself for 2005 so in case miami doesn't need madison anymore .. the team will be in a position to save alot of money and if i'm not mistaken it could be as much as 8 million saved by releasing madison next season... i have to give spielman credit .. he is a smart GM .. despite the feeley situation.. he has a vision.. and his seeing it through.. something i think wanny would never do... spielman was the right choice for the GM job

take a look at this sights cap forum.. the guy lays out the contract savings or dollars on williams and chester for 2004 and 2005 ..

That guy would be me :wave:

Only cap savings for 2004 are on that cap page. The numbers on the far right are dead cap

He was arguing you, using you as a quote, and didn't know it. He was contradicting himself useing you to argure you, and ..... wow.. confusing.... NE way, it's over now..

Originally posted by DOLFAN91
i was wondering when all the cut's and or restructuring were going to take place... i love the way spielman does business.. he is always thinking ahead... by restructuring tim bowens, mare, chester and jay williams.. he took into acct the 2005 season.. and all the contracts were set up to be cap friendly for 2005 as well as 2004 .. this guy knows what he is doing... he also put pressure on sam madison as well by backing off of restructuring his deal... spielman knows that sam counts 8 million on the 2004 cap, but in 2005 madison last year of his contract he counts almost 10 million... he now forces madison to step up his play or face being cut... spielman has now positioned himself for 2005 so in case miami doesn't need madison anymore .. the team will be in a position to save alot of money and if i'm not mistaken it could be as much as 8 million saved by releasing madison next season... i have to give spielman credit .. he is a smart GM .. despite the feeley situation.. he has a vision.. and his seeing it through.. something i think wanny would never do... spielman was the right choice for the GM job

WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!
Yes you got tricked. Clump and Merman are our resident capologists FYI. Happens to us all!!!!!!
GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by DOLFAN91

Well, doing all these kind of things is just his job. But the thinking ahead part is well, let's just say that i've been wondering what's been taking himso long. These things have to be done b4 next week and there ain't alot of time left! ;)

Back
Top Bottom