Spikes says expect a lot from Buffalo D | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spikes says expect a lot from Buffalo D

I don't get why the addition of Spikes all the sudden is going to bring the Bills from possibly the worst D in the league to one of the best. I just don't buy the whole line that a good linebacker can elevate a defense that much. The Bills had talent on that defense before they got Takeo Spikes...Pat Williams one of the best in the business, London Fletcher a very very good MLB, Keith Newman was supposed to be underrated, as was Coy Wire, and of course I keep seeing those corners flouted as one of the best tandems in the league.

If you've got playmakers like that in all three levels on D (especially at DT, LB, and CB) then if you're not putting that together into at least a mediocre defense then there's something seriously wrong and it isn't the players its the coaches. And if there's a problem with the defensive coaching, you can add whoever you want to that defense and it isn't going to bring it to the top. The problem with Indianapolis' D all these years wasn't talent, it was coaching.

With 2 star tackles, 2 star corners, a star LB core, you WOULD think their D would be better :lol:

Oh, don't forget their pro bowl safeties too!

Can't wait to get his hands on Ricky, huh? I'm actually curious as to how that would turn out. Ricky has already stated that he loves to runover players who have a reputation as a hard-hitter. This Buffalo game is going to be interesting......

Back
Top Bottom