Spin And Narrative To Shape Public Opinion And Shift Focus | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spin And Narrative To Shape Public Opinion And Shift Focus

If what you’re saying is true then they took talent away from the team as to deflect blame from a 6-10 team and is now at risk at being worse than last year bc of said gutting of their best players.

Not saying it’s guaranteed but that’s is ballsy if true.

I don't think the moves or the narrative being put out there was to deflect blame from a 6-10 season. I think Gase looked at the players and the numbers and thought..... For where we are as a team and where we need to go, I think we can do better things with the money these players will want or are making. But selling that to the fans is risky because you're doing 2 things. 1. asking fans to believe that the team will be better without their best players. and 2. Believe enough in you that you're right. This would put the focus and pressure solely on Gase and Management because if you get rid of those players and the players you bring in to replace them don't result in more wins...... EVERYONE will know YOU WERE WRONG. And that gets people fired.

However..... If they point the blame at the players by saying they don't study, they aren't leaders etc..... Fans turn on the players (which is happening) and would feel better about the moves even if they don't pan out because the players that we got rid of weren't what we needed anyway because they didn't have the qualities that a lot of fans care about (Leadership, dedication, team first attitude etc....)

It all reminds me of the netflix Political series House of Cards.

Pro teams are by necessity obsessed with their "image" and of course pay peeps big $$$ to create the narrative they want the public to consume.

Big time propaganda

I agree 100% because some of the stuff that's put out there just doesn't hold up to further scrutiny. The problem is that most people don't care to scrutinize whats being said. And the teams and their PR firms know this.

The guys that are gone, are gone and they're not coming back. The new players are now our players and I'm rooting for them. Regardless of why those are gone and these are now here, these are the ones that matter. Time will tell if we made the right moves or not.

One thing to keep on mind. Some of the guys we let go will probably have good seasons with their new teams. That doesn't mean it was the wrong move to let them go. It's not all about the stats. It's about what GROUP of players will make our team better. We only won 6 games with those guys in it. We'll see how many we win now

Apparently you don't know the difference between whining and having a discussion on a forum with people that are passionate about the same team. If you don't want to add to the discussion with an opinion feel free to remove yourself from this thread and ignore any other thread that I start. SMDH sheesh.
This is whining, the players are no longer with this team, so let's move on. Who cares why and what happened, they're gone. Let's talk about the players that are here. You're not with the team, you're not in meeting rooms, you're not part of the organization, in fact you don't know squat about what's going on behind closed doors. Every player released had a little bit of what you mentioned. (Culture, Leadership, Study Habits" and Finances..) everything.

No one is arguing that... Ball teams don't get rid of their best players in one season. A move like that will surely bring public ridicule and backlash from the fans, No organization wants to use the word rebuild in public and will try and sell the fans all types of alternatives to avoid using the term. Most fans don't want to hear that you're getting rid of most of the players they pay to see for financial reasons. (See Marlins) so I could see management getting together before the moves and asking themselves "How can we spin this"?
Chiefs- dumped Alex Smith
Tennessee Titans -fire Mularky after winning in playoffs
Minnesota- Dumps all 3 QBS
Buffalo -got rid of Tyrod Taylor
Jaguars -got rid of A. Robinson & A. Hurns
Rams-got rid of S.Watkins & R.Quinn
New England- Amendola, Solder, possibly Gronk
Philly-Foles "Superbowl Champion" available for the right price,Blount,Burton
^ Those were all playoff teams from 2018 that made moves from critical positions
Non-playoff teams moving on or shopping guys Den- C.J. Anderson, NYG-Beckham JR.,Dallas D.-Bryant, Seattle-R.Sherman

We've heard a lot from the team about culture, lack of studying and lack of leadership as it relates to the moves that were made. I think about that and it doesn't really make sense to me so it causes me to think more and here's my theory

Outside of the Ajayi move, I think all of the other moves had very little to do with "Culture, Leadership, Study Habits" and everything to do with Finances...

Quickly here's why I think that.

Landry - Had the most targets and catches on the team.... if he doesn't know where to go and is running the wrong routes... Why is the coach calling so many plays for him? Why wasn't he benched? Why would you (allegedly) offer him 13 million a season? They didn't want to pay him what they knew he'd get on the open market so they let him walk and I'm ok with that, but this is Financial

Suh - They Didn't want to pay a DT that much money for minimal impact to the overall defense. Financial

Pouncy - Asked him to take a pay cut, had he accepted he'd probably still be here. If he's a culture problem now, wouldn't he be more of a problem making less money? Financial

So this begs the question..... Why are they trying to sell us this culture\study habits\leadership crap?

My opinion.... Because it shifts the blame and focus onto the players and AWAY FROM THE COACHES AND MANAGEMENT!!! If everyone is looking at the players and what they did wrong, then no one is looking at what the coaches and management did wrong.

So the question I have is, do you think pro sports teams say things in public or leak things to the media to shape public perception to serve an agenda in general? And more specifically to shift the focus towards the players so that the organization doesn't look bad in the public's eyes?
The coaches weren't spared, there will be around a half-dozen new faces coaching this year.
also, culture change is real when you look at who was added, Sitton, Amendola and Gore are all very high character guys.
and we have seen quotes from players talking about the lack of leadership from Suh, Pouncey and Landry so it's not like it was fabricated by management. They may be pushing a narrative but there is truth underneath

It kills the 7-1 argument. When the time came to part with players, they parted with leaders in production or tenure, Pouncey, Ajayi, Landry, Mikchael Thomas. And they told us, that was a big part of the decision. they could've parted with others, but they chose those few for that reason.

It kills the 7-1 argument. When the time came to part with players, they parted with leaders in production or tenure, Pouncey, Ajayi, Landry, Mikchael Thomas. And they told us, that was a big part of the decision. they could've parted with others, but they chose those few for that reason.

Nope. Potatoes. The unicorn trampling on potatoes is clearly to blame for Olivadotti.

The above line makes every bit as much sense as "It kills the 7-1 argument."

We've heard a lot from the team about culture, lack of studying and lack of leadership as it relates to the moves that were made. I think about that and it doesn't really make sense to me so it causes me to think more and here's my theory

Outside of the Ajayi move, I think all of the other moves had very little to do with "Culture, Leadership, Study Habits" and everything to do with Finances...

Landry - Had the most targets and catches on the team.... if he doesn't know where to go and is running the wrong routes... Why is the coach calling so many plays for him? Why wasn't he benched? Why would you (allegedly) offer him 13 million a season? They didn't want to pay him what they knew he'd get on the open market so they let him walk and I'm ok with that, but this is Financial

Suh - They Didn't want to pay a DT that much money for minimal impact to the overall defense. Financial

Pouncy - Asked him to take a pay cut, had he accepted he'd probably still be here. If he's a culture problem now, wouldn't he be more of a problem making less money? Financial

So this begs the question..... Why are they trying to sell us this culture\study habits\leadership crap?

My opinion.... Because it shifts the blame and focus onto the players and AWAY FROM THE COACHES AND MANAGEMENT!!! If everyone is looking at the players and what they did wrong, then no one is looking at what the coaches and management did wrong.

So the question I have is, do you think pro sports teams say things in public or leak things to the media to shape public perception to serve an agenda in general? And more specifically to shift the focus towards the players so that the organization doesn't look bad in the public's eyes?

ezgif-4-74326f69a5.gif

Pro teams are by necessity obsessed with their "image" and of course pay peeps big $$$ to create the narrative they want the public to consume.

Big time propaganda

Much agreed.

It’s all about maintaining a squeaky clean public perception to keep fans in the seats, and also keep the sales of such chugging along through the turnstiles.

If what you’re saying is true then they took talent away from the team as to deflect blame from a 6-10 team and is now at risk at being worse than last year bc of said gutting of their best players.

Not saying it’s guaranteed but that’s is ballsy if true.

I disagree they were gutted or worse, because though they got rid of a very good receiver, they brought two that can end up with as many receptions or more combined, while probably getting more TDs. They got rid of their center, but brought back at worse an as good, who is more consistent. The only one of the three that might hurt is Suh, but if they the LB Squad is better this year, with two safeties that can hit, a running game by opponents will not be worse.

I doubt Miami has gutted this team, if anything, if they play it right next week, this will be a much better team.

Absolutely and you have a veteran gm who knows how to do this after sinking the Browns and Jets franchises. Tbum is most likely laughing himself silly at pulling the wool over the eyes of the fans of yet another franchise he is ruining.

The coaches weren't spared, there will be around a half-dozen new faces coaching this year.
also, culture change is real when you look at who was added, Sitton, Amendola and Gore are all very high character guys.
and we have seen quotes from players talking about the lack of leadership from Suh, Pouncey and Landry so it's not like it was fabricated by management. They may be pushing a narrative but there is truth underneath
Like to see the link to those players comments if you have them thanks

Like to see the link to those players comments if you have them thanks

Not attributed quotes but reporting:

First an excerpt from a recent "Chambers Files" in the VIP

"...When Laremy Tunsil was struggling Mike offered to watch film with him and Laremy said no thanks... mostly because Mike never did that before, and Laremy saw that has a pity gesture towards him when he was struggling rather than a chance to improve. Now Laremy did start watching film with Ja'Waun when he got hurt..."

This second piece is from Armando yesterday

"...Amid coach firings, and losing, Suh would try to have player meetings and the reaction from some teammates were eye-rolls because they didn't consider him their leader..."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article208684269.html#storylink=cpy

I should not have said "quotes" but these are from teammates

The author of this thread is right-on.
Tannenbaum pays Suh and others tons of money, then demands they take a pay cut.
And that's the player's fault ?
And that's the player creating a culture problem?
No, that's obviously a management problem.

If we don't make the playoffs this year, Tannenbaum and crew will be gone.

Back
Top Bottom