Sporting News Draft Guide is out!

Fin Fan in Cali

Joanne Shaw Taylor
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 8, 2004
Messages
38,984
Reaction score
15,036
Age
55
Location
So Cal
I don't if this has been posted yet, and if has I apologize! They state our needs as LT, RB, QB, FS, CB, LB. They have given our draft grade for the last 5 years a D+, not too surprising. I just thought i would pass this along! Happy Easter!
 

Fin Fan in Cali

Joanne Shaw Taylor
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 8, 2004
Messages
38,984
Reaction score
15,036
Age
55
Location
So Cal
Nublar7 said:
Its been out for about 2 weeks now. Good book that I recommend.
My bad, I have been getting ready to move, and having the house tented for temites, I have kinda been out of the loop. Thanks for the heads up though. I haven't read it yet, was there any gradings of players that surprised you Nublar?
 

saves

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
3,368
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Location
Ohio
Is the information pre or post combine?
 

Fin Fan in Cali

Joanne Shaw Taylor
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 8, 2004
Messages
38,984
Reaction score
15,036
Age
55
Location
So Cal
saves said:
Is the information pre or post combine?
Good question, I just got it this morning, and haven't had a chance to read, perhaps Nublar7 could answer.
 

saves

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
3,368
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Location
Ohio
I'd like to get a guide, but I wanna get the one with the most recent, updated information. Any experience on which one tends to be the most informative?
 

Fin Fan in Cali

Joanne Shaw Taylor
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 8, 2004
Messages
38,984
Reaction score
15,036
Age
55
Location
So Cal
saves said:
I'd like to get a guide, but I wanna get the one with the most recent, updated information. Any experience on which one tends to be the most informative?
I think The Sporting News is the better one to get of them all.
 

FakeSpike13

Second String
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
1,161
Reaction score
0
i dont really like it, the information is antiquated, especially the round projection for each respective player...
 

Fin Fan in Cali

Joanne Shaw Taylor
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 8, 2004
Messages
38,984
Reaction score
15,036
Age
55
Location
So Cal
With them rating the center position as a "C" for this year, do we give Hadnot the shot at center, and perhaps McKinney to be the back up, or is McKinney on the outside looking in?
 

Mitchy71

Saskatchewan PhinFan
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
354
Reaction score
0
Age
47
Its older. Pre Moss trade, and lots of FA signings. Kinda hard to make a guide with those going on. IMHO, should use a scouting service on the Net or something. Any FA signing affects what a team is going after in a Draft. And everyone else. The whole integrity of the mock draft is gone with Minnesota's aquisition of #7.
 

Fin Fan in Cali

Joanne Shaw Taylor
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 8, 2004
Messages
38,984
Reaction score
15,036
Age
55
Location
So Cal
Mitchy71 said:
Its older. Pre Moss trade, and lots of FA signings. Kinda hard to make a guide with those going on. IMHO, should use a scouting service on the Net or something. Any FA signing affects what a team is going after in a Draft. And everyone else. The whole integrity of the mock draft is gone with Minnesota's aquisition of #7.
I believe they will update just before the draft with another edition.
 

Nublar7

Retired
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
Messages
35,709
Reaction score
246
Location
120 mi west of Costa Rica
The book is pre combine and pre FA. If you look, Moss is still a Viking and in their mock draft they have the Raiders taking a RB at 7.
Fin Fan in Cali said:
My bad, I have been getting ready to move, and having the house tented for temites, I have kinda been out of the loop. Thanks for the heads up though. I haven't read it yet, was there any gradings of players that surprised you Nublar?
Yes there were a few suprises, the main one being that Alex Smith being projected to go to the Saints at #15.
 
Top Bottom