Sporting News : Nfl Coaching Hot Seats | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sporting News : Nfl Coaching Hot Seats

Let me take off my Aqua tinted glasses...

With the signals Ross gave off after the draft you would have to think there was some truth to the article, doubt that it was all about the draft picks, he starting to question some of the football decisions that are being made i.e. the dumping of talent (Ajayi, Suh, Landry, Pouncey) the return in value to the team which was negligible, all the FA misses and there are many...couple that with the slow starts of Parker, Tunsil and Harris, and the performance of the team last year you could start to believe there is a clock that has started...

I like Adam Gase and believe the team is headed in a positive direction and am hopeful I haven't seen the best of his offense yet....he may be the only one I would salvage if we have another down year. Gase should at least get as long or longer 4-5 years as Philbin who I would have fired after 2....

I'm so tired of the circle jerk this team has been on for the last 20-25 years, new coach means another rebuild on the fly and tougher sledding while we rebuild the team again to his liking.

But like I said above I’m pretty sure things aren’t hunky-dory

I agree Gase is probably not on the hot seat now, but he will be if we do not see improvement over last year. So what is really Gase's magic number? I really think there has to be improvement over last year by at least a game or two. If there is no improvement then he most certainly would be.

They can, but Ross sticks by his coaches no matter what. He held onto Philbin far too long, and he didn’t even particularly like the guy. How long of a leashe do you think he is going to give a coach he adores?

You need to leave your personal feelings at the door and look at it objectively. Regardless of how you or I feel about the guy, the man who makes the decisions loves him. He isn’t going anywhere for the foreseeable future.
If anyone’s getting their person feelings mixed into this it’s you. All I said was things change quickly especially in the nfl and you respond with this long drawn out post about me leaving my feelings at the door because ironically you seemed to have taken this personal. It’s not that serious.

I mean yeah Ross sticks by his coaches so much that he tried to replace Sparano while he was still the coach lol or you know firing Philbin after giving him an extension.Funny you say Ross never liked Philbin. Where’s your proof of this? But Besides all that yeah Ross stands by his coaches to the very end. Going from a extension to quickly fired is evidence of my original post in that “things can change quickly”.

Last edited:
I agree Gase is probably not on the hot seat now, but he will be if we do not see improvement over last year. So what is really Gase's magic number? I really think there has to be improvement over last year by at least a game or two. If there is no improvement then he most certainly would be.
Exactly!!

All this oh he is fond of Gase and he isn't quick to fire coaches crap goes right out the damn door if the results are worse than last year.

Ross is a billionaire and the people he gets advice from about his businesses IMO are completely detached from those organizations. I'd think that those people are other billionaires or a consultant who has an expertise in a certain business.

Last edited:
If anyone’s getting their person feelings mixed into this it’s you. All I said was things change quickly especially in the nfl and you respond with this long drawn out post about me leaving my feelings at the door because ironically you seemed to have taken this personal. It’s not that serious.

I mean yeah Ross sticks by his coaches so much that he tried to replace Sparano while he was still the coach lol or you know firing Philbin after giving him an extension.Funny you say Ross never liked Philbin. Where’s your proof of this? But Besides all that yeah Ross stands by his coaches to the very end. Going from a extension to quickly fired is evidence of my original post in that “things can change quickly”.

You mean keeping Sparano 2 seasons longer than any other owner would? Or not firing firing Philbin until pretty much everyone was telling him to behind the scenes? Coaches aren’t lifetime jobs, people do get fired. But some owners have a longer leash than others and Ross has shown to have the longest leash of most everyone. Someone getting fired far beyond when they should have doesn’t change that fact. Really, it reinforces it.

My comments about being objective are based on your posting history. I don’t post much in this forum, but I read often, and you’re probably one of the worst offenders of that.

Gase is going to be fired before year 3 . Not this year. 4-12 Team... Then next year 6-10.... Then he gets fired. Dolphins welcome Jim Harbaugh

If you recall he demanded Philbin fire Coyle and Philbin refused. And Burke has been worse than Coyle so that may be the path to Gase's seat getting hot sooner than later. If we're 8-8 or worse again and Ross demands some heads roll will Gase capitulate or take a stand?

And so the off-season of hate continues. So far all we’ve heard is how much talent we lost, how we don’t have a QB, how we have no direction and now our coach is on his last legs. Amazing how 1 year changes things. Meh. They’re all idiots anyways. Maybe if these people knew anything about he team I would be worried but they clearly don’t. This morning I heard on NFL network them talking about the afc east. They said “the pats have won the division 14 of 15 years. But the Bills are making moves, the jets may have found their franchise QB, idk what the dolphins are doing....” I changed it right then. The parroting of weak assed analysis is pathetic.

If you recall he demanded Philbin fire Coyle and Philbin refused. And Burke has been worse than Coyle so that may be the path to Gase's seat getting hot sooner than later. If we're 8-8 or worse again and Ross demands some heads roll will Gase capitulate or take a stand?
This Burke hate is starting to feel like I’m watching ESPN.

Steven Ross absolutely adores Gase. He is not on the hot seat this season.
Agreed but he should be on the cool seat currently and without a 10 win season this year then hit the hot season hot and heavy next year.

Re Gase

Me thinks its more like he's on the porta potty seat.

Kinda stinks in there and so get your business done fast!
Love the post, nothing better can said on this thread.

We didn't get a veteran HC. We haven't done that in a while. The reason why is because Ross wants a young man to stay here for a while so I don't think he's putting Gase on a hot seat. I also believe that Ross understands what can happen to an NFL season when a starting qb goes down.

Gase did not choose Landry, Suh, or Pouncey. H eas there when Ajayi was brought in, but who knows how much influence he had on that pick in his first year. So Gase has had 2 NFL seasons. The playoffs and then embarrassment. A third season would suggest he has learned a little, and I believe he has. This year he gets his coaches and his players. Also his qb comes back.

To me, this is an exciting wildcard season. Nobody knows what to expect. I'm not in the "In Gase we trust" mania like I was in 2016, but I have a really good feel about what's cooking with this years team. Chef Gase has his cooks and ingrediants in place, let's see what he serves up.

Back
Top Bottom