Sporting News Preview Mag | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sporting News Preview Mag

pigskinguy

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
OK, first of all, since I know one of you will ask, no. I do not, repeat do not have a link. I was reading through it tonite at the book store.
Anyway, they predict Miami to finish 3rd in the AFC East with an 8-8 record. Missing the playoffs.
But, bring up the rear is everybody's favorite red-headed-step-child, the Buffalo Bills at 4-12. :eek: :lol:

Wow, as much as I would like to, I don' know if I agree with the Bills assessment. I don't think they have lost enough personnel to dip that far down. I still think we will be bringing up the rear in the AFCE, but 8-8 could be the rear in this division.

And athlon magazine like one of your former fin fans posted had you going 3-13 and the bills going 11-5 and making Wildcard. Just goes to show you its all opinions in June.

BillsCA said:
And athlon magazine like one of your former fin fans posted had you going 3-13 and the bills going 11-5 and making Wildcard. Just goes to show you its all opinions in June.

I'd love to tell you that journalism was an honest to god, noble profession. but its not. to be honest, the sheer fact that williams may be back in Miamis lineup, has some miami journalist thinking 3-4 more wins this season then they had a originally thought.

BillsCA said:

I know. I think Season Preview Mags in June are about as useful as third nipple. But they are still fun to look at. The thing with Bills is I can just as easily see them going 11-5 as I can 3-13. Alot is riding on what is basically a rookie QB. It could go either way. Same is with the Dolphins. So many unknowns and whatifs.

I see it 7-9 this year for the phins a whole new transition for the better but a much harder schedule and all new schemes will get them another losing season.

I think next year you guys can definately make the push for the playoffs.

pigskinguy said:
I know. I think Season Preview Mags in June are about as useful as third nipple. But they are still fun to look at. The thing with Bills is I can just as easily see them going 11-5 as I can 3-13. Alot is riding on what is basically a rookie QB. It could go either way. Same is with the Dolphins. So many unknowns and whatifs.

Very true especially for the fact training camp hasnt even started yet! :eek:

Anyone's guess!

I too have seen to many difference's in predictions. W/O the crystal ball though, I'd definitely predict the Jills & the Patsies to drop a bit from last year. The Jets probably finish about the same. And we definitely move up. The AFCE will be tighter then a fat lady's waistband in a donut shop.

The only preview publications that have any merit whatsoever are the ones published by the weekly rags (Sporting News, SI and PFW) that come out about a week before the season begins....at least they know who the starters are on a given team, injuries, June signings, etc.

Preview mags in June are'nt good for a whole hell of a lot.

I still don't get how they can preview a season w/out even knowing who made the roster yet.

Anyway Ithink 4-12 is a little low for us. Our Defense is good enough to get us at least 6 wins alone. I think we will be around 10-6 give or take a game. I think the phins will be 8-8 give or take a game

Out of all the preview magazines out there, how many would have picked the Chargers to win the AFC West last season? I would be stunned if there was one magazine anywhere that made that call.

Bottom line: its fun to make and/or read predictions but nobody knows what will happen.

pigskinguy said:
OK, first of all, since I know one of you will ask, no. I do not, repeat do not have a link. I was reading through it tonite at the book store.
Anyway, they predict Miami to finish 3rd in the AFC East with an 8-8 record. Missing the playoffs.
But, bring up the rear is everybody's favorite red-headed-step-child, the Buffalo Bills at 4-12. :eek: :lol:

I hate the Bills with a passion,but I honestly don't see them being that bad.it all depends on how losman does.at this point,no one knows for sure.as far as we go,8-8 to 10-6 is what I fully expect.

Back
Top Bottom