Sporting News:Pro Football | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sporting News:Pro Football

ryyyan24

Starter
Reaction score
For my plane ride to Orlando Florida this week, I bought a magazine that I've never read or even knew existed. SPORTING NEWS:pRO FOOTBALL. Anyway this is a great magazine and has in depth analysis of all 32 teams, Fantasy rankings and tips, Playoof predictions, 2005 NFL Draft preview, and week-by-week schedules.

On the first page they have the Super Bowl PREDICTION...Denver over Seattle. "In order to pick the winner of this year's SB, the first thing we did was elimate all of the overwhelming favorites from consideration.
So long Patriots, Later Eagles, Ta-ta Rams, Too-da-loo Chiefs.
In order to find this years Patriots and Panthers, we were interested in teams that were on the verge a year ago and adequately addressed weaknesses in the offseason. We started kicking over rock and doing alittle digging. In addition to finding some really cool bugs, we unearthed the Broncos, Dolphins, Seahawks and Vikings." SPORTING NEWS.

For the upcoming season they have the Dolphins winning the AFC East with a 10-6 record. The Patriots also have a 10-6 record and making Wild Card. In this magazine the also GRADE each part of the Miami Dolphins and here it is.
COACHING=C
OFFENSE
QB=C-
RB=B+
WR=B
OLINE=C
DEFENSE
DLINE=A
LB'S=B+
SECONDARY=B+
SPECIAL TEAMS=B-

BOTTOM LINE
The Dolphins should be a playoff team. They should be a SB contender. Then again, they should have been both the past two years. But they werent, and its a confounding situation to everyone associated with this team. The Dolphins have become the annual "tease" to coaches, analysts and fans. They're good enough to make life intriguing but fatally flawed.

You do realize that you were reading the opinions of just two people? One person came up with the prediction for the division and a different person graded the Fins.

well i guess we have to live with a C at oline, till they prove otherwise, but secondary should be A

I like their approach to their picks, instead of picking the obvious favorites like ESPN always does, they try to find this year's breakthrough teams.

I have to agree that those books are just opinions, have they ever been right? My cousin runs out and gets everyone of those books every year. I just can't see paying $7 to get someones opinion when I can come on here and discuss opinions with my fellow dolphin buddys.

Al13 said:
well i guess we have to live with a C at oline, till they prove otherwise, but secondary should be A
Don't they have to prove other wise also, you do have a new starting safety and a new nickel back..

Back
Top Bottom