Sports Buzz: Tannehill: This is best offense I’ve played on | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Buzz: Tannehill: This is best offense I’ve played on

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ryan Tannehill has had some lightning-quick offensive weapons over the years, from Mike Wallace to Lamar Miller to Reggie Bush. But never, Tannehill says, has he had as talented a collection of offensive players around him as he does now, entering his sixth NFL season.

This, Tannehill said, is the best offense he’s played on, and that’s one reason why this Dolphins offense, and its quarterback, have a quiet confidence that this could be the year the offense morphs from pretty good to something far better.

“Honestly, I can say it’s definitely the most talent we’ve had with the receiving corps, bringing everyone back, having a second year together in the same offense,” he said. “That’s going to be huge for us. Adding [tight ends] Julius Thomas and Anthony Fasano, veterans who have played a lot of football, is [big]. Bringing back [running backs] Jay [Ajayi], Kenyan Drake.

“Keeping most of the offensive line together, adding a few pieces. Putting Laremy Tunsilback at his natural position. That’s going to be huge for us. You start to stack all those pieces together and we have a good unit. Now it’s a matter of being able to elevate our play throughout the season. Just because you have good pieces doesn’t mean you’re going to perform. That’s what the onus was on all spring. That’s what it’s on throughout the summer. As we hit training camp, it’s pushing each other each and every day to go out and be great. Not just be good, but really be great.”

Tannehill touched on several topics in a private conversation after recently running a football camp for kids at Dolphins headquarters:

• He believes DeVante Parker is ready to break out.

“I am definitely encouraged by DeVante,” he said. “The growth he’s had this offseason has been huge. I saw it back in March when we were throwing. Just seeing him move, seeing him run, really run at top speed for the fist time.

“I’ve said it before: We had a Ferrari with four flat tires. He had all the power, but with all the injuries – the hamstring, the foot – he never could really let loose and go. We’re starting to see that. We saw it all spring, how fast he is.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article159291034.html

I wish I could go to sleep and wake in August. I'm like a child one month from Christmas. Or like a groom to be one month before the wedding day with a bride that wanted to wait until they were married to have sex.

Tough league. It would be good to start out with a winning record and build on it. LL in 2016, WLLL in 2015 and around .500 to to start in 2014. We have to get that slow start monkey off our backs not only in seasons but in games as well. We are the polar opposite of the Marino/Shula Dolphins.

Sounds like Tannehill is building some confidence in Parker and ready to let that ferrari get movin

They'll need to be good enough to control the tempo this year.

They also need to validate keeping that wide 9 defense by getting an early lead and blowing a few teams out.

Ryan%20Tannehill

Ryan Tannehill has had some lightning-quick offensive weapons over the years, from Mike Wallace to Lamar Miller to Reggie Bush. But never, Tannehill says, has he had as talented a collection of offensive players around him as he does now, entering his sixth NFL season.

This, Tannehill said, is the best offense he’s played on, and that’s one reason why this Dolphins offense, and its quarterback, have a quiet confidence that this could be the year the offense morphs from pretty good to something far better.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article159291034.html

It would be nice to add a young Reggie Bush like back to the mix. Maybe next year.

I feel like this is something that QBs just say all the time, but I believe this is true this year. This is by far the most talented, diverse/complete, group of receivers he has ever had. The huge factor is out side of Thomas at TE, Ryan has played multiple years with all these guys. That consistently and trust has never been in Miami since Ryan began his career here. It has been a revolving door of WR, and OCs since Ryan's rookie year.

I think this puts the pressure/praise on Ryan this year. He has proven he can run this offense and win with these guys. If he wins he will get all the accolades, but if he doesn't move this offense he will get the blame, and for the first time in his cadres I think he will deserve either. God I hope he busts out this ala Matt Ryan, as Gase stated didn't become elite till later.

I feel like this is something that QBs just say all the time, but I believe this is true this year. This is by far the most talented, diverse/complete, group of receivers he has ever had. The huge factor is out side of Thomas at TE, Ryan has played multiple years with all these guys. That consistently and trust has never been in Miami since Ryan began his career here. It has been a revolving door of WR, and OCs since Ryan's rookie year.

I think this puts the pressure/praise on Ryan this year. He has proven he can run this offense and win with these guys. If he wins he will get all the accolades, but if he doesn't move this offense he will get the blame, and for the first time in his cadres I think he will deserve either. God I hope he busts out this ala Matt Ryan, as Gase stated didn't become elite till later.

I agree with alot of that, including a little more pressure on Ryan, but you will need consistency of systems and the players and some luck with injuries for an offense to get in a grove.

We seem to have a little consistency for once so that ahould help, Parker has to stay relatively healthy and make plays all year and the offense line as well. Keep in mind that Falcon line statyed healthy all year basically. These things are important unless you are a Brady or Rodgers who can rise above all that and still have success.

That still might be a higher bar Ryan may never reach, but only a few really ever do in the end.

Will he have time to find Parker stretching the field and use his Ferrari speed? Will Jay Ajayi have the big runs to keep the offense on the field? Achilles heel: Offensive line.

My faith in Gase is the only reason this might work with the current line. Don't really trust the OC, Front office or even the system.

Fasano may be the patch to the offensive line. Although, having him in there to block will only take away another playmaker on the field: Thomas or Drake? Fasano could be a surprise red-zone threat if he periodically sneaks out.

Man, that's the most clear cut "Parker will be better" comment i've heard...we get confirmation he was far from full speed before, and looks beastly in 2017....awwwwww shucks.

This schedule is tough. This team will need to play playoff caliber football with consistency all season to make it back. We will also need to be lucky with injuries.
I'm looking forward to some exciting games, hopefully we can get to 10-6 or better. We just need to get into the playoffs.
Comparing our schedule to the Pats, they definitely have the easier path to the #1 seed.
Hopefully we will take care of business and get to play them in the AFC conference championship game, and have enough defense to pull it it off.
Parker making game changing plays in critical spots is why we drafted him. I hope he takes a couple more steps this year.

Back
Top Bottom