Sports Illustrated Predicts A 3-13 Season For The Miami Dolphins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Illustrated Predicts A 3-13 Season For The Miami Dolphins

Kilgore was rated one of the worst centers in the league before he got hurt. Your other "talented" lineman is a mid round rookie. That's apparently your basis now for "talented" lineman, so we're not really having an unbiased discussion here, are we? We are coming off a season where we had the WORST DEFENSE IN FRANCHISE HISTORY, and then cut some of the best players from it and replaced them with nothing. For you to pretend like we're talented on that side is kind of shocking to me because of the level of homerism required to do so.

You can continue to believe what you want and I won't stop you. I just hope when the team comes out and plays like I know they will you don't fall apart at the realization of what they really are. Just remember that there's an end goal in mind.

Sometimes Is really is as easy as a new coordinator. Look at what Gus Bradley did in Seattle, then Jacksonville, then San Diego. In San Diego, his D literally went from one of the worst to one of the best in a year.

I'm fine with 3-13, that should get us one of those top 3 picks and a franchise QB.

Sometimes Is really is as easy as a new coordinator. Look at what Gus Bradley did in Seattle, then Jacksonville, then San Diego. In San Diego, his D literally went from one of the worst to one of the best in a year.

You mean coaching matters?

Kilgore was rated one of the worst centers in the league before he got hurt. Your other "talented" lineman is a mid round rookie. That's apparently your basis now for "talented" lineman, so we're not really having an unbiased discussion here, are we? We are coming off a season where we had the WORST DEFENSE IN FRANCHISE HISTORY, and then cut some of the best players from it and replaced them with nothing. For you to pretend like we're talented on that side is kind of shocking to me because of the level of homerism required to do so.

You can continue to believe what you want and I won't stop you. I just hope when the team comes out and plays like I know they will you don't fall apart at the realization of what they really are. Just remember that there's an end goal in mind.

Kilgore played THREE games last year...and that's what you base his talent off of????

Then you make mention of the defense with not a mention of the inexperience of the coordinator, or the base system which focuses on the passing game.

Puhleez!!!

I hope you're joking....
I named players who were TALENTED. Feel free to debate my claims WITHOUT adding "ELITE" in your conversation.

I named players who were TALENTED. Feel free to debate my claims WITHOUT adding "ELITE" in your conversation.
Lol, this is the NFL...all the players are TALENTED.

I look at our guards, right tackle, and defensive end positions and cringe.

Kilgore played THREE games last year...and that's what you base his talent off of????

Then you make mention of the defense with not a mention of the inexperience of the coordinator, or the base system which focuses on the passing game.

Puhleez!!!
You're aware that Kilgore isn't a rookie, right? There's a reason he was replaced on his previous team. If you want to pull his numbers from other seasons instead to prove some point, be my guest.

As for the defense, I mean, not much needs to be said there. I guess the coordinator switch to a FIRST TIME COORDINATOR is all we need to go from worst defense in franchise history to a juggernaut, and not only is it a "possibility" that it improves, it's essentially guaranteed based on your comment's fervor.

Astounding.

I see a lot of this with fans okay with this sort of record this year but watch the game day threads implosion every week.
Andy, like you, I've been called a homer by some posters, a realist by others, and a negative guy by another group. I call 'em like I see 'em and this is truly a rebuilding year, IMHO. My expectations are LOW. I'm seeing the silver lining and I'm in it for the long haul. But, there are going to be bumps.

I'll take the over on that bet. On paper, this looks like a 5-11 type team. But if the coaching staff is a major upgrade, perhaps Miami will be a little better than that. A 3-13 season is possible, but I think virtually everything would have to go wrong, injuries, young players not developing, coaching staff struggling etc.

You're aware that Kilgore isn't a rookie, right? There's a reason he was replaced on his previous team. If you want to pull his numbers from other seasons instead to prove some point, be my guest.

Hmmm...I thought Kilgore was made expendable by the 49ers acquiring Weston Richburg.

Make of this what you will...just stop with the untalented talk, as if nobody on our team would start anywhere else.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/dan-kilgore/

for the defense, I mean, not much needs to be said there. I guess the coordinator switch to a FIRST TIME COORDINATOR is all we need to go from worst defense in franchise history to a juggernaut, and not only is it a "possibility" that it improves, it's essentially guaranteed based on your comment's fervor.

Astounding.

What's really astounding is how you make such leaps and have absolutely NOOOOO idea what context you want to use. Your initial premise is that the team isn't talented, but what you are ghosting the subject with is that the team isn't elite.

This thinking is highlighted with this drivel, "I guess the coordinator switch to a FIRST TIME COORDINATOR is all we need to go from worst defense in franchise history to a juggernaut, and not only is it a "possibility" that it improves, it's essentially guaranteed based on your comment's fervor."

To think that a move away from the Wide 9 (the defense that led us to a season ranking of 29th in total yards, 26th in first downs allowed, 31st in rushing) isn't a defensive improvement tells me that you are more pessimistic about the team and season that a damn Jets fan.

Adam Gase...is that you?

Lol, this is the NFL...all the players are TALENTED.

I look at our guards, right tackle, and defensive end positions and cringe.

No...all players aren't talented, as it relates to being an NFL player. Many players are there because of contractual/monetary reasons.

Back
Top Bottom