Sports Illustrated Predicts A 3-13 Season For The Miami Dolphins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Illustrated Predicts A 3-13 Season For The Miami Dolphins

They may start 0-9. Washington may be the lone win in those first 9 games. When it's all done I'm not sure they win 3 games.

Last edited:
Where?

QB: The worst quarterback situation in the league. I know people love the idea of Fitzmagic, but take a look at this dude's game logs for his entire career. He has at most 2 games a season where he looks like Peyton Manning, but the rest of the games are mediocre or just plain terrible. Last year "Fitzmagic" was because he had THREE of those games and they all happened to come early. After that he looked again like the QB that you want on the bench because he throws 6 picks in a game which is why he was benched for Jameis, who isn't even good. And this is the guy that will STILL start over Rosen which tells you about how good he actually is.

If Josh Rosen had come out this year, he would have been in contention for the #1 pick. He played his rookie year behind an o-line that was worse than ours and still had comparable numbers to the other first-rounders who teams seem content on building their team around. To say he's not talented is disingenuous.

: We have one legitimate offensive lineman and the rest haven't proven to be anything other backup caliber players that are now starting by default.

Kilgore is more than a back-up starting by default. We drafted a potential starting G/C in Dieter. Three talented O-Linemen.

TE: Our tight ends are either sophomore players that were invisible as rookies, a hurt veteran, or castoffs.

This is our weak spot, although Dwayne Allen is not a cast-off. He was more than solid as a receiver in Indy, and showed he's more than able to handle in-line duties while in NE (basically our system).

WR: Our wide receivers are pretty good, so that part of the team has some talent. Not worried there, even if Wilson is still rehabbing.

I'm glass the glass is half full someplace for you.

RB: While Drake is talented and Ballage was pretty decent, we have nobody that has shown that are capable of consistently getting tough yards which is highly important. The addition of a FB though should help a lot.

In the Patriots system, I've rarely seen a situation where they NEEDED the "tough yards". That's what Adam Gase would say in order to "stay in front of the chains." Patriots running backs have been versatile...which Drake is. Between him and Ballage there is talent there, whether you want to admit it or not.

DL: We have the worst defensive line in the league, and it's not even remotely close. I could count the number of career sacks for our DEs on my hands and they're not exactly rookies. Despite our DEs being completely abysmal and will be the main reason why we won't win many games, we have 2 DTs in Godchaux and Taylor that are pretty good/decent, but we still lack rotational depth there.

Say we have the worse DE's in the league. Don't say we have the worse DL in the league because that negates any positive gains by Godchauxs and Taylors, and also speaks to your faith in Christian Wilkins ability. How important is a stud pass-rushing DE in this system?

LB: Can they get off blocks to stop physical rushing teams? Can they cover TEs and RBs in space? The answer to both those questions has been no.

I beg to differ. Baker can cover and McMillan can tackle. Kiko is the goofball here...but he isn't even as bad as I make him out. No luck. Our LB's are also talented.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/raekwon-mcmillan-miamis-front-seven-lynchpin/

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article226234440.html

DB: X is a monster and if they actually settle Fitzpatrick into slot corner, that's two potential elite DBs, but as for the rest... Reshad Jones would've already been cut if his contract wasn't basically guaranteed this season, McDonald can't cover, and we have no other corners of note so it's a free green light to just ignore Howard the whole season.

I've never said anything about elite. That's a pipedream you may be having. My contention is that we have more talent than what you and many other naysayers claim we don't have.

Again...there is talent in the secondary. It doesn't matter what "they" say. Jones and McDonald can play the game. Stop with the "elite" wishes at every position. A talented player who knows his job will go a long way to not being the worse team in the NFL.

You seem to choose 'nothing will go right.
I dont know where you get that... Im saying even if everything goes right, this roster is not well constructed to accumulate wins. And that since we dont know what the coaching staff brings, there's no reason to assume they will elevate anything.

Is it possible that Harris suddently wakes up and plays like baby Cam Wake? sure anything is possible. But the most probable outcome is that Harris ends up being Harris in 2019 too and the Fins have a problem creating outside pressure(29th last season). Im not being pessimistic, it just is what it is.

Im not saying every OL on the team will underperform, Im saying they'll most probably perform like they've performed in the past, and that it wont cut it, like it hasnt in the past. It was a bad unit last year(pff rank: 31st, thescore.com: 31st,football outsiders: 31st) and they've lost their starting RT without replacing him... It is what it is...

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a career 80 rating QB and Rosen's only season in the league produced a 67 rating... Im getting redundant but... it is what it is.

Last edited:
I dont know where you get that... Im saying even if everything goes right, this roster is not well constructed to accumulate wins. And that since we dont know what the coaching staff brings, there's no reason to assume they will elevate anything.

Is it possible that Harris suddently wakes up and plays like baby Cam Wake? sure anything is possible. But the most probable outcome is that Harris ends up being Harris in 2019 too and the Fins have a problem creating outside pressure. Im not being pessimistic, it just is what it is.

Im not saying every OL on the team will underperform, Im saying they'll most probably perform like they've performed in the past, and that it wont cut it, like it hasnt in the past. It was a bad unit last year and they've lost their starting RT without replacing him... It is what it is...

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a career 80 rating QB and Rosen's only season in the league produced a 67 rating... Im getting redundant but... it is what it is.
if Ryan fitz was that good dolphins would not have him that cheap. Dolphins better off find young qb. fitz is like another mat moore. Going get some of yall excited and them team will start zero in on him. Then he is going choked. That his hold careers

Last edited:

Is it possible that Harris suddently wakes up and plays like baby Cam Wake? sure anything is possible. But the most probable outcome is that Harris ends up being Harris in 2019 too and the Fins have a problem creating outside pressure(29th last season). Im not being pessimistic, it just is what it is.

Im not saying every OL on the team will underperform, Im saying they'll most probably perform like they've performed in the past, and that it wont cut it, like it hasnt in the past. It was a bad unit last year(pff rank: 31st, thescore.com: 31st,football outsiders: 31st) and they've lost their starting RT without replacing him... It is what it is...

I don't disagree with any of that. Where we differ is I'm willing to give guarded optimism to Flores and staff. Maybe hey WILL be a top staff. I can hope. I don't want to go through the summer expecting Philbin II. And IF they are a solid staff, coaching makes a lot of difference. Not 22 All-Pros. Not an AFC-E championship, but 5-6 wins instead of 3.

I don't disagree with any of that. Where we differ is I'm willing to give guarded optimism to Flores and staff. Maybe hey WILL be a top staff. I can hope. I don't want to go through the summer expecting Philbin II. And IF they are a solid staff, coaching makes a lot of difference. Not 22 All-Pros. Not an AFC-E championship, but 5-6 wins instead of 3.
I see where you're coming from my friend. I realize what I sound like this offseason with these posts, I just dont see it for the short term but Im buying what they're doing beyond 2019. Besides if Rosen balls out this year and the Fins make the playoffs, I'll be the happiest SOB in montreal and Im not going to hide cause I cant "I told you so" everyone... Thanks for the respectful discussion, wouldnt expect any less from you. Have a good one!

I have no expectation that we have anything but the worst coaching staff in the league and I don't think our front office would know what to do with a high draft slot if we had one.

If we wound up with a high pick, we would either waste it on an overhyped lineman or a politically correct QB wannabe pick. I think tua will be a monumental bust and I absolutely, for the sake of our franchise future, hope that he is not being targeted.

If Josh Rosen had come out this year, he would have been in contention for the #1 pick. He played his rookie year behind an o-line that was worse than ours and still had comparable numbers to the other first-rounders who teams seem content on building their team around. To say he's not talented is disingenuous.

Kilgore is more than a back-up starting by default. We drafted a potential starting G/C in Dieter. Three talented O-Linemen.

This is our weak spot, although Dwayne Allen is not a cast-off. He was more than solid as a receiver in Indy, and showed he's more than able to handle in-line duties while in NE (basically our system).

I'm glass the glass is half full someplace for you.

In the Patriots system, I've rarely seen a situation where they NEEDED the "tough yards". That's what Adam Gase would say in order to "stay in front of the chains." Patriots running backs have been versatile...which Drake is. Between him and Ballage there is talent there, whether you want to admit it or not.

Say we have the worse DE's in the league. Don't say we have the worse DL in the league because that negates any positive gains by Godchauxs and Taylors, and also speaks to your faith in Christian Wilkins ability. How important is a stud pass-rushing DE in this system?

I beg to differ. Baker can cover and McMillan can tackle. Kiko is the goofball here...but he isn't even as bad as I make him out. No luck. Our LB's are also talented.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/raekwon-mcmillan-miamis-front-seven-lynchpin/

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article226234440.html

I've never said anything about elite. That's a pipedream you may be having. My contention is that we have more talent than what you and many other naysayers claim we don't have.

Again...there is talent in the secondary. It doesn't matter what "they" say. Jones and McDonald can play the game. Stop with the "elite" wishes at every position. A talented player who knows his job will go a long way to not being the worse team in the NFL.
Kilgore was rated one of the worst centers in the league before he got hurt. Your other "talented" lineman is a mid round rookie. That's apparently your basis now for "talented" lineman, so we're not really having an unbiased discussion here, are we? We are coming off a season where we had the WORST DEFENSE IN FRANCHISE HISTORY, and then cut some of the best players from it and replaced them with nothing. For you to pretend like we're talented on that side is kind of shocking to me because of the level of homerism required to do so.

You can continue to believe what you want and I won't stop you. I just hope when the team comes out and plays like I know they will you don't fall apart at the realization of what they really are. Just remember that there's an end goal in mind.

Back
Top Bottom