Sports Illustrated Predicts Dolphins To Win 3 Games In 2018 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Illustrated Predicts Dolphins To Win 3 Games In 2018

Landry is not easy to replace .Such a xomkco misconception on this board. I know you want him to be. But ammendola+Wilson<Landry
giphy.gif

Let me do the math. Miami plays the Bills twice. SI has the two teams combining for 5 wins. That means outside of games against each other the two teams will only win 3 games. No way I see that happening. Heck if you include the Bills, Jets and Dolphins that's 6 games against each other and the have the teams combining for 11 wins, so that means the 3 AFC east teams will only win a combined 5 games (a w/l record of 5 and 31) against the rest of the league. If i could be every disposable dollar in my account against such a thing happening I would do so.
These media outlets don't care about facts or if their gibberish actually makes any real sense. Logic is their kryptonite.

Only part of that article that could ring true is that Tannehill alone wins us 3 more victories.

I'm not a betting person, but would enjoy placing a bet that we win more than 3 next year.

I believe they are right, and they're wrong.

They are right, Miami will win 3 games, but they're error is, it's 3 games in the 1st quarter of the season, not the entire season...Silly Sports Illustrated, you yet again fail badly, how does your publication stay alive outside of the Swimsuit Issue?

Tell me about it. I would include your statement before the bold in that category. I get that you are a huge Landry fan but if you remove subjectivity and emotion from the equation you arrive at a reality that will show you that he is actually easily replaced. His stats are not due to his league leading ability, it's due to his league leading force feeding of the football.
He's a very good slot receiver, but he's not a team changer. We will not skip a beat without him.
he was easily the most exciting player we've had since Ricky retired the 2nd time, was our best draft pick since Rashaad Jones, and was one of the main reasons I watched this stagnant team.

Hard to argue with this imo but if all these new players can gell and contribute right away, if RT stays healthy and picks up where he left off 2 years ago and if our new assistant coaches are as good as advertised then I say we could/ should be 10 6 with our schedule. Lot of ifs though.

This is always fun, here is the same guy's (Jonathan Jones) predictions from 2017, and then I've shown the delta from his predictions to the actual, calculated the average delta across all 32 teams.

The average he's off by is 2.875 wins/losses PER TEAM. For comparison purposes, if I predicted every team goes 8-8 for the season, the average difference is only 2.625. So throwing **** on a wall is more accurate than what this guy does. End of story.

The .5's are because this guy predicted a tie game between BUF and LAC.

Code:
2017    SI      SI      ACTUAL
Team    W       L       W       L       DELTA   DELTA FROM 8-8
NE            13       3      13       3       0       5
MIA            8       8       6      10       2       2
BUF          4.5    11.5       9       7     4.5       1
NYJ            3      13       5      11       2       3
PIT           12       4      13       3       1       5
BAL            9       7       9       7       0       1
CIN            9       7       7       9       2       1
CLE            2      14       0      16       2       8
OAK           11       5       6      10       5       2
DEN           11       5       5      11       6       3
KC            11       5      10       6       1       2
LAC          7.5     8.5       9       7     1.5       1
TEN           10       6       9       7       1       1
IND            8       8       4      12       4       4
HOU            7       9       4      12       3       4
JAC            4      12      10       6       6       2
DAL            9       7       9       7       0       1
NYG            9       7       3      13       6       5
PHI            7       9      13       3       6       5
WAS            6      10       7       9       1       1
GB            13       3       7       9       6       1
DET            9       7       9       7       0       1
MIN            8       8      13       3       5       5
CHI            2      14       5      11       3       3
SEA           10       6       9       7       1       1
ARI           10       6       8       8       2       0
LAR            6      10      11       5       5       3
SF             2      14       6      10       4       2
TB            10       6       5      11       5       3
ATL           10       6      10       6       0       2
CAR            9       7      11       5       2       3
NO             6      10      11       5       5       3
AVERAGE DIFFERENCE                         2.875   2.625

Lol I'm not even hyped for this season necessarily but I know we'll win more than 3 games. Bs

if we don't one 7 to 9 game our head coach and gm should be fire

What a load of rubbish. If Tannehill was on that 1-15 Camarillo team we'd have won 4 games then at least, and this team is far better.

Back
Top Bottom