Sports Illustrated Predicts Dolphins To Win 3 Games In 2018 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Illustrated Predicts Dolphins To Win 3 Games In 2018

This is always fun, here is the same guy's (Jonathan Jones) predictions from 2017, and then I've shown the delta from his predictions to the actual, calculated the average delta across all 32 teams.

The average he's off by is 2.875 wins/losses PER TEAM. For comparison purposes, if I predicted every team goes 8-8 for the season, the average difference is only 2.625. So throwing **** on a wall is more accurate than what this guy does. End of story.

His predictions look to me like he's intentionally going down the act-like-an-idiot-to-draw-readers path. They are so bad I just don't believe he is actually serious about them.

I’ve always been on the fence with RT, in terms of him ever being elite. However, I’ve always felt he was above average.
This ridiculous prediction of 3 wins is a slap in the face to RT and exposes SI’s shoddy journalism.
SI obviously thinks RT is a below average journeyman on a talent depleted roster.
On the balance, this roster is more talented, faster and deeper than last year. SI is probably still focused on Suh, Landry and Pouncey and has ignored everything else the team has done.

I’ve always been on the fence with RT, in terms of him ever being elite. However, I’ve always felt he was above average.
This ridiculous prediction of 3 wins is a slap in the face to RT and exposes SI’s shoddy journalism.
SI obviously thinks RT is a below average journeyman on a talent depleted roster.
On the balance, this roster is more talented, faster and deeper than last year. SI is probably still focused on Suh, Landry and Pouncey and has ignored everything else the team has done.

I don't think it's a slap in the face to Ryan Tannehill. I think it is a slap in the face to the coaching staff and the entire team. They think that Suh, Ajayi and Landry were worth as many wins as the rest of the roster combined.

I think that's a load of horse ****. Sports Illustrated, much like its parent company, Time Inc., isn't fit to wipe my ass with. The last, desperate throes of a dying publication.

I was more shocked to see they have the Bills w/ 2 wins.

I think the Bills will be bad, but I don't know if they will be 2 wins bad. I think very little of AJ McCarron and I suspect that Josh Allen will have a rocky transition to the NFL, but even then, two wins seems like kind of a joke. That team has a coaching staff that demonstrated competence in its first year, and some defensive talent. I don't see them being 2 wins bad.

That's a case of taking #QBWinz to the point of absurdity. That team's gonna win 6 games.

Put that crap in the locker room, no way we only win 3 games

Did anyone give Philadelphia a chance last year? It was all about Dallas.

Miami has a lot to prove, but a playoff run seems more likely than 3-13.

he was easily the most exciting player we've had since Ricky retired the 2nd time, was our best draft pick since Rashaad Jones, and was one of the main reasons I watched this stagnant team.

I agree he was exciting. But exciting doesn't equate to game changer. The cheerleaders are exciting sometimes but they don't help us win games.

But don't confuse his excitibility to him being exciting from a w/L standpoint. Yes, he did some pretty exciting things and he was electric but so is Grant. It doesn't mean grant is going to change games. From a stats standpoint he's replaceable without too much effort. Not to mention his success hasn't translated to team success. Running your offense through your slot is a losing scenario. There's no way around it.

I agree he was exciting. But exciting doesn't equate to game changer. The cheerleaders are exciting sometimes but they don't help us win games.

But don't confuse his excitibility to him being exciting from a w/L standpoint. Yes, he did some pretty exciting things and he was electric but so is Grant. It doesn't mean grant is going to change games. From a stats standpoint he's replaceable without too much effort. Not to mention his success hasn't translated to team success. Running your offense through your slot is a losing scenario. There's no way around it.
comparing Landry to a cheerleader or even Grant is ridiculous man. He wasn't only electric, he produced. He was our leading receiver for 3 years in a row. He made multiple pro bowls. He was even a PFF All Pro in 2015. Those dudes don't grow on trees and no, Grant isn't one of them.

They are predicting that Tannehill goes down with another injury.

I hate predictions like that. You have to hope that a player gets injured for your prediction to come true. I'd be more interested in reading predictions based on a clean slate (injury wise) for all teams.

comparing Landry to a cheerleader or even Grant is ridiculous man. He wasn't only electric, he produced. He was our leading receiver for 3 years in a row. He made multiple pro bowls. He was even a PFF All Pro in 2015. Those dudes don't grow on trees and no, Grant isn't one of them.
Tell that to Brian hartline. Anyone can produce with enough targets these are nfl players. The key is to find players who are efficient and don't need to be force fed to produce

Tell that to Brian hartline. Anyone can produce with enough targets these are nfl players. The key is to find players who are efficient and don't need to be force fed to produce
what you call force feeding is really getting the ball in your best player's hands

Back
Top Bottom