Sports Illustrated Predicts Dolphins To Win 3 Games In 2018 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Illustrated Predicts Dolphins To Win 3 Games In 2018

I’m late to this thread but we will win more than 3 games. I think we will be decent this year.

This is such a stupid article. Tannehill at 50% is better than Cutler was last year. Most people are predicting us to be worse this year though based solely on the losses of Landry, Suh, and Pouncey but they simply don't know our team. Pouncey just flat out didn't play well, Landry with his 110 catches and less than 1,000 yards won't be hard to replace... any number of players on the team could match that production if given a ton of targets their way all within 10 yards and Suh... well yea that's a loss, but anyone that knows anything about the team sees how much better they are going to be on defense. They got faster, and smarter, and minkah alone will make the entire defense better. Quinn is also a big upgrade as a pass rusher. I'd bet every penny I have that we will get more than 3 wins.

Well said! The only REAL lose is Suh. Don't get me wrong, Landry is good, Pouncey was good. However; Pouncey never practiced and he could no longer handle power NG/T's any more. Landry was great w the ball after the catch, or was he? 100+ receptions under 1000 yards is hard to do, his numbers should be easily replicated by Amendola or Wilson. I can see 1000 yds from Wilson with 20-25 less catches. Not to mention Landry's penalties and his alleged free lancing and attitude during games. Suh's departure will be the hardest to fill. Then again, we were never a run stuffing "D", our defense has been ranked near the bottom half each year Suh was here. I'm not blaming Suh, but how worse can it get, answer = not much. So the Suh move was easy considering the $ and "D" rankings/struggles.
People, media outside of Miami that don't REALLY follow the team don't understand ALL the variables involved w the departures. They just see the names. This team is in a much better place all the way around now opposed to this time last year. Not to mention the return of Tanny (much better than Cutler, just saying). Still, how can any "so called" expert have the Bills (ROOKIE QB w NO weapons) and Jets (ROOKIE QB w NO weapons) with more wins than Miami, basically playing the same schedule??? Puzzling and total lack of respect. Can you say bulletin board materiel!
Miami will not surprise us, but will shush these "experts" by week 5 with 3 wins already.

I'm so sick of reading how we lost an overpaid DT, a ball hog slot WR and gimp center who cant practice and how that will make us one of the worst teams in the league. STFU.

Seems like KC made a living out of proving people wrong year after year. I can only hope Gase ends up like Reid and runs his offense, his way for his results.

We didn't win a damn thing doing it the other way. 2 playoff appearances in 15 years with several .500 or less seasons.........something had to change and I hope this "purge" is exactly what was needed to kickstart the change for the good.

Oh and if Miami does happen to go 3-13.................pretty sure a QB in 2019 will be pretty easy to obtain with your top 3 pick.

Seems like KC made a living out of proving people wrong year after year. I can only hope Gase ends up like Reid and runs his offense, his way for his results.

We didn't win a damn thing doing it the other way. 2 playoff appearances in 15 years with several .500 or less seasons.........something had to change and I hope this "purge" is exactly what was needed to kickstart the change for the good.

Oh and if Miami does happen to go 3-13.................pretty sure a QB in 2019 will be pretty easy to obtain with your top 3 pick.

Unfortunately, it's doubtful. 2019 QB class isn't expected to be nearly as good as the one we just had.

Unfortunately, it's doubtful. 2019 QB class isn't expected to be nearly as good as the one we just had.

Well then since I wanted nothing to do with any of the QBs in 2018 that must mean the 2019 class is graded an F. lol. This last class wasn't very good at all.

Well said! The only REAL lose is Suh. Don't get me wrong, Landry is good, Pouncey was good. However; Pouncey never practiced and he could no longer handle power NG/T's any more. Landry was great w the ball after the catch, or was he? 100+ receptions under 1000 yards is hard to do, his numbers should be easily replicated by Amendola or Wilson. I can see 1000 yds from Wilson with 20-25 less catches. Not to mention Landry's penalties and his alleged free lancing and attitude during games. Suh's departure will be the hardest to fill. Then again, we were never a run stuffing "D", our defense has been ranked near the bottom half each year Suh was here. I'm not blaming Suh, but how worse can it get, answer = not much. So the Suh move was easy considering the $ and "D" rankings/struggles.
People, media outside of Miami that don't REALLY follow the team don't understand ALL the variables involved w the departures. They just see the names. This team is in a much better place all the way around now opposed to this time last year. Not to mention the return of Tanny (much better than Cutler, just saying). Still, how can any "so called" expert have the Bills (ROOKIE QB w NO weapons) and Jets (ROOKIE QB w NO weapons) with more wins than Miami, basically playing the same schedule??? Puzzling and total lack of respect. Can you say bulletin board materiel!
Miami will not surprise us, but will shush these "experts" by week 5 with 3 wins already.

Agree!!! And not enough is said about the poor LB unit as it relates to the run D. A few have already mentioned how Pouncey's lack of practice affected the play of the entire OL. At worst, I see the run D and OL as 'same as '17.

Yep! I agree with everything you said, I doubt Wilson gets 1,000 yards though but I'd be willing to bet that Amendola, and Wilson combine for over 1,000 with less combined catches and I'll take that all day long.

It’s been a long time since I looked at an issue of SI. The only reason I ever looked was for the free sweatshirt I got with the subscription. 3 for us or 2 for bills is low.

Nobody's forcing you to follow them.

Always fun listening to those "fans" that do nothing but bash the team and constantly point out how awful they are. Gotta wonder why (if they truly despise the team so much) they spend their time bothering to come on a fan site.
then ignore my posts or block me

When too many people in the media repeat the same things even though it's incorrect, it becomes a media narrative. Nobody in the media questions the narrative. In any facet whether it's sports, politics, gaming, ect., there's a lot of bad takes and people just repeat it.

You mean five. 15 inside the 10, 19-14=4 between the 11 and the 20, 24-19=5 outside the 20 yard line.
I was just kidding with him, but it says he had 24 total.
QUOTE - Out of 24 TDs his career, 19 are inside the 20, 15 inside the 10

so if we took the 19 inside the 20 and 15 inside the 10.
19 + 15 = 34 TDs

Something hinky is going on here.

I still can't find anywhere that has the Dolphins at 5.5 wins any more. Everywhere I look has their o/u at 7 wins now.

I was just kidding with him, but it says he had 24 total.
QUOTE - Out of 24 TDs his career, 19 are inside the 20, 15 inside the 10

so if we took the 19 inside the 20 and 15 inside the 10.
19 + 15 = 34 TDs
Had me going there for a minute... lol
Also, 1 of those was a punt return (69 yds) and 1 was on a rush (22 yds) which according to my math, makes 19 out of 22 receiving TDs inside the red zone

Back
Top Bottom