Sports Illustrated Predicts Dolphins To Win 3 Games In 2018 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Illustrated Predicts Dolphins To Win 3 Games In 2018

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous. I would bet my life savings that we win more than 3 games. Unless something catastrphic happens, there is no way we don't win more than 3 games.

usatsi_9781696.jpg

Dolphin fans can add Sports Illustrated to the long list of publications that believe the team is headed towards a terrible 2018 season.

Monday Morning Quarterback (MMQB) released its 2018 season predictions for all 32 NFL teams on Thursday morning, and they predicted the Dolphins will finish with a 3-13 record. The Dolphins were picked third in the AFC East behind the New England Patriots (13-3) and New York Jets (6-10), and slightly ahead of the Buffalo Bills (2-14).

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...ted-predicts-dolphins-to-win-3-games-in-2018/

This is such a stupid article. Tannehill at 50% is better than Cutler was last year. Most people are predicting us to be worse this year though based solely on the losses of Landry, Suh, and Pouncey but they simply don't know our team. Pouncey just flat out didn't play well, Landry with his 110 catches and less than 1,000 yards won't be hard to replace... any number of players on the team could match that production if given a ton of targets their way all within 10 yards and Suh... well yea that's a loss, but anyone that knows anything about the team sees how much better they are going to be on defense. They got faster, and smarter, and minkah alone will make the entire defense better. Quinn is also a big upgrade as a pass rusher. I'd bet every penny I have that we will get more than 3 wins.

meh they predicted jax to win 4 games last year and philly to win 7. no reason we cant be the F-U team to them this year

The Dolphins this upcoming season are not going to be nearly as good defensively as either of those teams were last year. You can pretty much take that to the bank.

With that being said, I'd say we're going to win more than 3 friggin games lol.

Truly absurd.

I get the Vegas line, which even seems low, bc it’s essentially nothing more than a bet on Tannehill’s health. But 3 wins?

Honestly feel we’re much closer to 3 losses than 3 wins assuming Tannehill stays upright and we don’t lose half our starters to injury.

The Dolphins this upcoming season are not going to be nearly as good defensively as either of those teams were last year. You can pretty much take that to the bank.

With that being said, I'd say we're going to win more than 3 friggin games lol.

Correction, we don't know how good we're going to be on defense ;) we're only going to have 6 new starters in for opening week 2018 compared to 2017, we might have a defense better than both those 2!!!!! or we could have one of the worst defenses in the league and none of the additions pan out :D

I'm just messing about with the above line. but on paper a lot of things have looked great in the past and turned into crap, every once in awhile things have looked like crap but surprised everyone. I think out of the 3 phases if we could just have a great, good, and average, then we can make the playoffs. honestly on paper I don't even know what you would consider all 3 right now. most outsiders would prob rate us as decent at best at all 3 phases of the game. two aspects of the game fall on one mans shoulders...jakeem can he be trusted as a returner with his hands, if so that adds an extra explosiveness, can he become more than a decoy or gimmick planned wr on offense to the point he can find 40/50 touches this season and once again make the offense potentially more explosive.

Granted we aint no playoff team but definitely win at least 6 games. My concern is the WR,s. Parker is a potential bust. Stills is unpredictable. Danny is average. Grant Who knows. Wilson Who knows and Gesicki not proven. We Definitely need to draft a WR #1 next year

Back
Top Bottom