Sports Outlaw NFL Mock Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Outlaw NFL Mock Draft

What bothers me about the Phins having the 9th overall pick is that there aren't many offensive guys who are worthy of that pick as of yet. Except for Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn, Calvin Johnson (all of whom will be long gone before we pick), Adrian Peterson, and maybe JaMarcus Russell (although I'm not too excited about this guy) there aren't any offensive guys who really stand-out IMO for the 9th pick. That's probably why you have so many wanting Ted Ginn, Jr. who is IMO not worthy of the 9th pick as of yet. After the workouts he may be but as of now, he's not quite worth it IMO.

So at our spot and further into the draft, this is a class very deep on defense. Gaines Adams, Alan Branch, LaRon Landry, Reggie Nelson, Jamaal Anderson, Leon Hall (maybe), Marcus McCauley (also a maybe), and some other reaches like Amobi Okoye (who could be very productive if we continue our 3-4 hybrid defense, which I love), seem worthy of the 9th, well some of those I just mentioned atleast. Then there's Lawrence Timmons, Pat Willis, and the list goes on for the defensive side of the ball but they're not yet worthy of the 9th pick IMO and apparently many others.

Meanwhile some guys I'd love to see as Dolphins on offense are Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem, Levi Brown, Dwayne Jarrett, and Ted Ginn, Jr. But are they worthy of the 9th pick? Out of those I mentioned I think after the combine and individual workouts all of these guys could be worthy to take a chance on with the 9th pick. But would they be better to take over a guy like Gaines Adams should he be there? Or Branch if he interviews well and has excellent work outs? Or even if a CB emerges like Leon Hall or Landry or Reggie Nelson who could be the next Ed Reed-type game-changing Safeties?

Right now it's too early to tell who is better than who and who could possibly fall to us (Quinn) but the 9th pick is sort of stuck in a quandry trying to determine if offense in this draft is so weak (except at WR) that we must spend our 1st pick on offense or if the defensive guys are so good that we draft a guy like Adams (whom I really like)

Either way it goes, I love this time of the year, it gives me something to occupy my free-time and speculate who will and will not be wearing aqua and orange this next year. And BPA seems like our 9th overall pick thus far. After FA the fog should be a bit easier to see through.

Yep when I saw that it was time for me to hit the little X in the corner of the page.

I like how just about every mock draft I've seen knows nothing about our football team. They keep sayin "Defensive line is getting old, they need a player here" Which I think is ludicrous. The D-line is so deep, it's the last place we need to draft a player... :shakeno:

I think this is probably one of the better mock drafts i've seen, BUT if Alan Branch is on the board still, he WILL be a Dolphin! :D

please god would people stop with the DT talk- it makes no sense- we have TOO many offensive holes the only other option would be LB- if branch is gone there should be NO THOUGHT to a defensive tackle

Back
Top Bottom