Spragan, not exactly the best choice? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spragan, not exactly the best choice?

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Im beginning to think that since we signed spragan...why did we sign him?

He was semi impressive with denver and i know hes young like 26 or 27 but we could of got a guy like

Tommy Polly who has more upside and talent to succeed

Jamie Sharper, sure fire tackler who just became available

Anthony Simmons...good overall olb dont know why we didnt make any kind of grab at him

Mark Fields who i actually think we need to sign...not want too but just need too, the guys a 4.5 or 4.6 40 lb who plays every play with as much heart as zach thomas and he played hard enough to make the pro bowl last year...

Your Take?

Spragan came cheap, and thats the part I like. We didn't improve at that position, but Spragan is very close to the level of Greenwood. I am ok with the signing, not overly excited, but I felt it was good.

Buddwalk said:
Im beginning to think that since we signed spragan...why did we sign him?

He was semi impressive with denver and i know hes young like 26 or 27 but we could of got a guy like

Tommy Polly who has more upside and talent to succeed

Jamie Sharper, sure fire tackler who just became available

Anthony Simmons...good overall olb dont know why we didnt make any kind of grab at him

Mark Fields who i actually think we need to sign...not want too but just need too, the guys a 4.5 or 4.6 40 lb who plays every play with as much heart as zach thomas and he played hard enough to make the pro bowl last year...

Your Take?

Polly is too small.

Sharper was not available when we signed Spragan and would cost a hell of a lot more.

Simmons? Dont know.

Fields? Age.

Let's see how Spragan plays in Saban's system before we start to question the move.

Nublar7 said:
Spragan came cheap, and thats the part I like. We didn't improve at that position, but Spragan is very close to the level of Greenwood. I am ok with the signing, not overly excited, but I felt it was good.

greenwood once never impressed me...i also feel junior seau should be cut, i know im gonna be flamed for this but spragan is young on one side if we could get a anthony simmons or a mark fields in seaus spot...we'd be near set on D

expense and depth

Spragan is near minimum salary, and can play all three lb spots.

The others you listed would cost more money we don't have:cry:

I I do agree on wanting anthony Simmons- has anybody picked this guy up?

Seau is a Hall of Famer!!

Buddwalk said:
greenwood once never impressed me...i also feel junior seau should be cut, i know im gonna be flamed for this but spragan is young on one side if we could get a anthony simmons or a mark fields in seaus spot...we'd be near set on D
I don't think Seau should be cut, when he is healthy is is very productive and disruptive to opposing offenses not to mention his experience!I am glad he is coming back he still has a half of tank of gas left and I think he will have a good year!He compliments Zach nicely!! We got rid of unproductive LB's in the last couple years in RODGERS and now GREENWOOD!! GREENWOOD in 4 years NEVER had a fumble recovery,forced fumble, Interception,and like 1 sack!! That's sickening!! Especially at the LB spot!The TEXANS gave him that money??? God I could have been more productive than that!

Buddwalk said:

Why should Junior Seau be cut? Because he plays bad? Because the stats most certainly tell otherwise.

phinfan77 said:
expense and depth

Spragan is near minimum salary, and can play all three lb spots.

The others you listed would cost more money we don't have:cry:

I I do agree on wanting anthony Simmons- has anybody picked this guy up?

I think the reason Anthony Simmons hasnt been picked up is because of injury problems......I could be wrong though.

And Dolphin1184....that sig is the best sig in the world....AHAHAHHA:roflmao:

Dubfire said:
Polly is too small.

Sharper was not available when we signed Spragan and would cost a hell of a lot more.

Simmons? Dont know.

Fields? Age.

Let's see how Spragan plays in Saban's system before we start to question the move.

Sharper would be great but way too expensive.
Simmons has recurring injuries and is a smaller LB we seem to be trying to get away from.
Fields? Age, exactly. We already have Seau and Zach playing the position and Tommy Polley didn't succeed with the Rams sorry LBs and he is the small, quick Jim Bates kind of LB.
I thought Spragan was a smart move personally.

I think Saban wanted someone cheap who could fill the void well he develops a rookie at that position. I bet he drafts a LB in the late rounds or possibly the first but who knows when they'll get a LB in the draft bottom line is in 2 years spragan wont be there unless he turns into a beast.

DolphanD said:
Sharper would be great but way too expensive.
Simmons has recurring injuries and is a smaller LB we seem to be trying to get away from.
Fields? Age, exactly. We already have Seau and Zach playing the position and Tommy Polley didn't succeed with the Rams sorry LBs and he is the small, quick Jim Bates kind of LB.
I thought Spragan was a smart move personally.

Simmons is 240. Polley is also 240. Spragan is 239. Your logic of size goes out the window.

I'm not willing to give Saban a free pass on anything. It was a mediocre signing and thank the Lord it was for cheap or I would have had a big problem with it.

It was cheap, he likes smart players, and he likes tall defensive players. (Saban that is)

Those of you that said Polley is too small need to do a tiny bit of research that you should have already known.He is 6'2" 240. 1 pound heavier and 1 inch shorter than Spragan.

Jaj said:
Simmons is 240. Polley is also 240. Spragan is 239. Your logic of size goes out the window.

I'm not willing to give Saban a free pass on anything. It was a mediocre signing and thank the Lord it was for cheap or I would have had a big problem with it.

Thats just it, he was the cheapest we could get. Bottom line. We didnt have the money to spend big on LB.

And why should Seau be cut? Hes just as prodctive as all those other LBs.

Simmons hasn't been picked up because he is pricey and injury prone (missed 21 games the last 3 seasons) very good player when fully healthy though

Back
Top Bottom