"Spygate to Deflategate..." | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Spygate to Deflategate..."

Just finished reading, wow a few eye catchers for me:

"Looking back on it, several former Patriots coaches insist that spying helped them most against less sophisticated teams -- the Dolphins and Bills chief among them -- whose coaches didn't bother changing their signals."

In 2006, Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum, one of Mangini's best friends and another Belichick charge, wanted to hire the 34-year-old Mangini as head coach. Mangini took the job over the objections of Belichick, who hated the Jets so much that he barely mentioned his tenure there in his official Patriots bio. Belichick revoked Mangini's key card access and didn't allow him to pack up his office. The tension was raised later that year, when the Patriots accused the Jets of tampering and the Jets countered with an accusation that the Patriots had circumvented the salary cap

It's a culture.

One that is much easier to accept than oppose. And one that threatens the very fabric and essence of the game.

There are those who last out when the government and courts occupy their time with matters of professional sports. Make no mistake, the real reason they should lash out is that more has not been done sooner.

We are amidst a crisis that is larger than the league and threatens the very core of the game. It's not just a game. It has become a power that influences cultural morality and the perception of right and wrong.

This is not just about how a team has cheated. This is not about who has cheated. This is about corruption that threatens the very essence of a sport and its absolution.

This is not SMU of the 1970's. This is collusion of a much more serious nature. I shudder to think what could truly become of this league. Goodell has put this league in jeopardy. He was tasked to protect The Shield. Instead he has used it to protect those who seek to destroy it.

We are not at the end of this, we've only just begun.

It's a culture.

One that is much easier to accept than oppose. And one that threatens the very fabric and essence of the game.

There are those who last out when the government and courts occupy their time with matters of professional sports. Make no mistake, the real reason they should lash out is that more has not been done sooner.

We are amidst a crisis that is larger than the league and threatens the very core of the game. It's not just a game. It has become a power that influences cultural morality and the perception of right and wrong.

This is not just about how a team has cheated. This is not about who has cheated. This is about corruption that threatens the very essence of a sport and its absolution.

This is not SMU of the 1970's. This is collusion of a much more serious nature. I shudder to think what could truly become of this league. Goodell has put this league in jeopardy. He was tasked to protect The Shield. Instead he has used it to protect those who seek to destroy it.

We are not at the end of this, we've only just begun.

Agree 498%.

SMU IMO is just starting to recover.

Goddell is only worried about the bottom line i.e. $$$. I see only 1 solution... boycott... don't watch a game unless its the phins (obviously), don't buy merchandise yada yada yada.

p.s. Its now really funny that Roger wants to appeal Berman's decision to "protect the integrity of the game"

Back
Top Bottom