SS Question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SS Question

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
YES! I have been waiting to ask this question to a Dolphins expert. Well i finally can and i want them and you Dolphans to reply. Why dont we start Shawn Wooden at SS??? He has made more plays in his career, has an INT this season and stepped up his play in pre-season, Freeman on the otherhand has as many INTs in his career as Wooden does this season....Wooden is a great play maker. Wooden also has more chemistry with the Miami Dolphins....plus Freeman a FA after this season, i think Wooden could be the finishing piece to having the best secondary in the NFL...we have always lacked talent at SS..i like both of them but why not give Shawn Wooden a chance???

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
YES! I have been waiting to ask this question to a Dolphins expert. Well i finally can and i want them and you Dolphans to reply. Why dont we start Shawn Wooden at SS??? He has made more plays in his career, has an INT this season and stepped up his play in pre-season, Freeman on the otherhand has as many INTs in his career as Wooden does this season....Wooden is a great play maker. Wooden also has more chemistry with the Miami Dolphins....plus Freeman a FA after this season, i think Wooden could be the finishing piece to having the best secondary in the NFL...we have always lacked talent at SS..i like both of them but why not give Shawn Wooden a chance???
#1 - "...we have always lacked talent at SS" -B Walker was a solid SS and had one of best season a Fin SS has ever had in 2000.

Freeman is simply more talented than Wooden. Wooden seems to be a smarter, but he does not possess the speed we like in our Ss- particularly when we go 2 deep, in which case we have 2 FSs in there for alll intensive purposes. I really like Freeman - he reminds me of Brock Marion and will hopefully be here when Brock retires to take over at FS

I think Freeman is a much better athlete than Wooden. Wooden is a bit slow, though I agree he always seems to be in position to make plays.

Good question!

IMO, I think both are pretty good skill wise... with Wooden getting a slight edge because he has more awareness that only comes with experience.

So why have Freeman in there? Simply put, Freeman is our future and he needs to GET that experience in order to get better. He has a bigger upside and will eventually be the better safety.
Freeman does have better pure coverage skills than what Wooden ever had though.

Its a good thing to have depth at that position because we play a lot of varying coverage defenses which means that Wooden will still see significant playing time.

Wait up....Brian Walker wasn't a great SS, he is slower then Freeman, had 1 int all season and had like 96 tackles....but then again our SS has always had many tackles. Also Freeman is faster then Wooden and he is pretty good, but he hasn't proved himself to me yet...Wooden has but he's slower, also when i say we need a SS i mean a good one (Surtain Madison Marion all make plays) like Lawyer Milloy or John Lynch, they come once in a while but why didnt we sign Victor GReen we need a SS that can make plays like Lynch and Milloy.

When i mean Surtain Madison and Marion all amke plays i mean at there position they force fumbles and get INTs our SS has always lacked the ability to cause a turnover.

Back
Top Bottom