St Clair deserves a starting spot!!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

St Clair deserves a starting spot!!!!!!

finsgonewild

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
people keep saying St Clair was mediocre. Last season he was one of the few bright spots on the offensive line. He gave up the least amount of sacks and helped us in the running game. Most of the running plays that were succesful were run on the right side. Everyone seems to pencil in McDougle in as our RT. He shouldnt be because St Clair clearly deserved his position in the starting lineup. People seem to criticize him even though he makes few mistakes. He also was one of the few players on the offensive line who had a passion to play. I think you guys will be suprised from what St Clair will do in training camp and so forth. He is a great player that gets no credit for how good he plays.

I think Stockar McDougle is going to be the bright spot of our offensive line this year. I was so happy that we signed him and think Houck will bring out his 1st round talent (that he was) and convert into solid production. The guy is HUGE! He's 6'6" 367lbs, just imagine what he can do with Houck coaching him... I personally think we have more talented players on our O-line that St. Clair, but that's just my opinion. If Houck feels that St. Clair is one of the Top 5 Offensive Lineman we have, than he will start coming this season. But... as far as our whole offensive line, I'd be very content with:

LT- Damion McIntosh
LG- Jeno James
C- Rex Hadnot
RG- Vernon Carey
RT- Stockar McDougle

What I think should happen(probably won't) is to move St. Clair to Center. He played Center a little in college and while he was with the Rams. McDougle IMO is a better option then St. Clair at the RT position.

first impressions last a lifetime... most of us remember st clair as the revolving door that played rt in st louis, who almost single handidly got all of there qb's killed

forget last year...

If he is one of the 5 best lineman on the team when the season begins, he deserves to start... if not then no.

Nasty

Nublar7 said:
What I think should happen(probably won't) is to move St. Clair to Center. He played Center a little in college and while he was with the Rams. McDougle IMO is a better option then St. Clair at the RT position.

Well Hadnot is the all time leader in the NCAA with pancakes as a Center. And he has a nasty attitude with the other team, from what I've read I'd love to see that and I would also like to see if Pape has any talent.

finsgonewild said:
people keep saying St Clair was mediocre. Last season he was one of the few bright spots on the offensive line. He gave up the least amount of sacks and helped us in the running game. Most of the running plays that were succesful were run on the right side. Everyone seems to pencil in McDougle in as our RT. He shouldnt be because St Clair clearly deserved his position in the starting lineup. People seem to criticize him even though he makes few mistakes. He also was one of the few players on the offensive line who had a passion to play. I think you guys will be suprised from what St Clair will do in training camp and so forth. He is a great player that gets no credit for how good he plays.
I disagree. He may have been the most steady O-lineman last year, but thats not saying much. H e was average at best last season. Plus this is a new year, new coaching staff. I dont think (outside of Taylor, Thomas, Chambers and McMichael) anyone on this team deserves anything. This team went 4 and 12 last year. They all have something to prove.

St Clair was the best lineman last year but that really isn't saying much. I was pleased that he turned out a lot better than what was expected of him (Ram fans absolutely loathed this guy), but I think we have better options at RT this year. He could be a nice swing guy-depth guy, but I would be a little disappointed if he is starting (unless, of course this is due to significant improvement in off-season).
I don't know how man O-line guys we will keep this year but I think they will be
VC, RH, SM, DM, JJ, WS, AA, JSC.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
St Clair deserves a chance to earn a starting spot.

Correct. I don't like any position on a team just being 'handed' to someone. If someone is playing consistently better then they should get the nod.

claytonAndDuper said:
first impressions last a lifetime... most of us remember st clair as the revolving door that played rt in st louis, who almost single handidly got all of there qb's killed
Yup, i remember when they released him i read somewhere "the Rams were looking to upgrade the RT spot.... Then again a shed would be an upgrade over St Clair"

claytonAndDuper said:
yeah... St Clair is crap. He was only the best lineman last year because he was consistent. He wouldnt make my team.

I would like to see:

Carey - James - Hadnot - Cook - McDougle

but think we'll see:

McIntosh - James - McKinney - Carey - McDougle.

finsgonewild said:

I agree. I watched the Oline extensively last season and St Clair was our highest graded lineman. Once he got his hands on his assignment, it was pretty much over. Given our Oline talent pool, I expect St Clair to start at either tackle or center.

As far as ability to dominate, McDougle is way ahead of St. Clair. St. Clair was consistently average last season. He'll make a good backup.

finsgonewild said:
people keep saying St Clair was mediocre. Last season he was one of the few bright spots on the offensive line.

A poop stain would have been a bright spot on our OL last year.

Back
Top Bottom