St curious | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

St curious

DisturbedShifty

Peace out
Reaction score
Is there any way we can get a homerism forum? I mean one where you can only Dolphins fans can go into and post about the Dolphins and not have to worry about a rival fan coming in and ****ting on your parade. I mean there are enough Dolphins fans that bash the team without the help of rival fans. I don't know. Just a thought is all.

I think that if we were to all simply ignore the rival fans, they'd get bored and go away. After all, they're here to troll anyway. Trolls can't survive without responses.

... food for thought.

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?347796-Tanny-gt-Matty-Ice
Great example...

how about a new reg where the troll gets 5 thumbs down and it's banned from the thread it has no business being in and is obviously trying to derail and get a reaction? I think that's fair. Or 2 negative reps? Personally I think that's being too generous but I can live with that if everyone understands the lay of the land

I think that if we were to all simply ignore the rival fans, they'd get bored and go away. After all, they're here to troll anyway. Trolls can't survive without responses.

... food for thought.
Yeah I know. But it would be nice to just be able to homer out and not have some rival fan make it about their team. ****, we have enough Dolphins fans that hate on the team to still make it an interesting forum. Not to mention the fact that there IS a AFC East forum to begin with but rival fans don't use it to bash the Dolphins. Instead they come into the main forum and derail other people's threads about the Phins. And no I am not talking about our biggest Jets homer either, I mean in general.

As for Vaark's idea, while I like it, it is far to easily abused. It wouldn't take much to rally people via PMs to get someone muted.

Yeah I know. But it would be nice to just be able to homer out and not have some rival fan make it about their team. ****, we have enough Dolphins fans that hate on the team to still make it an interesting forum. Not to mention the fact that there IS a AFC East forum to begin with but rival fans don't use it to bash the Dolphins. Instead they come into the main forum and derail other people's threads about the Phins. And no I am not talking about our biggest Jets homer either, I mean in general.

As for Vaark's idea, while I like it, it is far to easily abused. It wouldn't take much to rally people via PMs to get someone muted.
individual posters are easily ignored, or added to an ignore list, if they aren't on someone's ignore list, that probably means there is some aspect of interacting with them that you enjoy. regardless I tried similar things by having a neg-rep group and while it worked in general, it was as you mentioned far too easy to abuse.

individual posters are easily ignored, or added to an ignore list, if they aren't on someone's ignore list, that probably means there is some aspect of interacting with them that you enjoy. regardless I tried similar things by having a neg-rep group and while it worked in general, it was as you mentioned far too easy to abuse.

I tried the ignore option. Problem is people feel the need to use quotes all the time so I still had to see the asinine statements.

I tried the ignore option. Problem is people feel the need to use quotes all the time so I still had to see the asinine statements.
I find it interesting, I have less of a problem with opposing fan views than I do with the dolphins fans opposing views.

Just remember censorship works both ways. The founding principles of this Nation are in place to help protect the minorities not the majorities. Hitler was a majority leader, Stalin was a majority leader, Hussein was a majority leader.

While this site isn't exactly the US it does reflect some of the principles used to build the country, debate and ideas are fostered by differences.

Back
Top Bottom