St. Thomas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

St. Thomas

Commie_000

The Commie
Reaction score
This might only be relatable to South Florida fans, but St. Thomas Aquinas High school coach George Smith has written a letter to Alabama telling them not to come to his high school in Ft. Lauderdale to recruit anymore after what they did to Shula and how they went after Saban mid-season. St. Thomas is one of the most successful athletic schools in the nation and is consistantly ranked so and has produced talant like Michael Irvin, Chris Evert, and MY MOM!

Its consistantly one of the top schools as far as players recruited by top Universitites, so this is obviously a big blow to Alabama. By the way, I got this off of 790, so no link.

:sidelol:

I always hated coach Smith when I went to school at St. Thomas, but he's made my day after reading this!!!...:sidelol:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

It's St. Thomas Aquinas. I'm a graduate and I played for Coach Smith. This shows his class and respect.

I hope this is true..I can only imagine what coaches and players are saying about Saban and Alabama behind closed doors. Im sure they are ripping them apart. I doubt Saban now gets any respect from anyone in the entire NFL. What people say in the media is different from how they might really feel and I just have a feeling coaches like Cowher, Schottie, Vermiel (ex), etc...coaches with real morals are tearing Saban apart in their offices, at dinner with their families, and laying in bed at night with their wives...

WOW

That's great! I'm glad a coach took a stand against the lack of morals Saban displayed. St. Thomas Aquinas is also the school that Zack Thomas said the Phins couldn't beat when we were on our losing streak. :lol:

St Thomas is always one of the best HS fooball teams around.

I've heard Coach Smith talk about this, he's a hell of a guy. I hope other high schools down here follow his example.

Wow, surprising..... takes guts to do that. Wonder how his high school players feel about that? What if some kid want's to go to bama?
Didn't alot of former dolphins from the 80's have their kids playing on the team a few years back.... like Brudzinski, Duhe, Bokamper, etc.???

I went to Stranahan and had to deal with St Thomas Aquinas, they were our rivals but damn they had dirty girls there! Can you say F R E A K S? I think the uniforms did it to them! No only if the coaches from Ely, Dillard, South Broward, McCarther would follow suit. Way to go coach.

Coach Smith for Dolphins coach?!?!? anyone?? Bad rookie joke...

Yeah he actually said that after the Shula firing and before the Saban hiring. That school does produce alot of talent.

Yeah my brother played under coach Smith, he's real class act. I'm glad he did this because St. Thomas has like some of the best players in South Florida. The ability those kids have on the field is amazing...

Yeah he actually said that after the Shula firing and before the Saban hiring. That school does produce alot of talent.

That's what I heard too. The Shula family is very close to the St. Thomas program. The catch is that the Saban's daughter went to St. Thomas and they were also big supporters of that program. I suspect Smith will end up rescinding that message to Alabama.

Back
Top Bottom