Staley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Staley

There remains the strong possibility that we'll draft a tackle and bunk Carey to G.

Carey had an awesome season. He is by far the best OL we got. It would make absolutely no sense whatsoever to move him to guard. He will be our RT for a while. Shelton needs to stay at RG (and take a paycut). It's obvious he can't play LT.

Carey had an awesome season. He is by far the best OL we got. It would make absolutely no sense whatsoever to move him to guard. He will be our RT for a while. Shelton needs to stay at RG (and take a paycut). It's obvious he can't play LT.

I agree 1000%!!!! The right side of our line played very well last year after Shelton moved to RG. Shelton was an absolute bust at LT. Why change the entire line? If they draft a quality LT they really have the OL solved. Add in a potential LG and a backup C and the Phins have the needed depth as well.

See my mock in my sig.

GO PHINS~!

Why not? As Boomer correctly stated, there are a lot of scouts and personnel people who actually think Carey would make an even better guard than a tackle. If this team were to drop down and select Staley then it's possible to put him at LT while Alabi moves to RT and Carey to the guard position. Then they might toy with the idea of Shelton at LG or trading him, as teams have supposedly expressed interest in trading for him.

I always thought Carey was a much better guard at Miami than he was a tackle just b/c he didn't seem quick enough to handle good pass rushers and didn't play as well in space at tackle as opposed to guard, where his run blocking skills were best utilized. That being said, this dolphins team is loaded with guards, so i doubt they move him, especially for an unproven commodity like Alabi. But crazier things have happened.

I actually prefer Hadnot at guard as well. I thought he played better there than he did at center. That's why i want Ryan Kalil so much. Nothing would make me happier than to trade down and take Joe Staley #1 and Ryan Kalil #2a, then hit up the corners(Irons, McCauley, Jackson, Hughes, etc), wrs(Craig Davis, Jason Hill) , and backup QB(Stanton, Edwards).

Back
Top Bottom