Staley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Staley

jimi64

Starter
Reaction score
Seen this earlier on ESPN not sure if been posted, Mel Kifer predicts Staley taken at 30 by the Ravens, was kinda hoping he would slip to us in the second round.

He's listed to go to the chiefs on nfldraftcountdown. Where do you see him being available? Could we land him with our high second?

He's saying he'll be gone before 30, not after it.

Staley had workout numbers from an OL that have rarely ever been seen. He posted a short shuttle faster than Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch. The short shuttle shows agility and quickness in change of direction, two skills that will aide an OL much more than his 40 time will (though that also shows his athleticism).

At this point I'm fond enough of Staley that I wouldn't mind picking him in the 12-13 region if we can trade down, and if the coaches liked him enough, I'd rather they take him than someone else they don't really like as much at 9. His work ethic is lauded, and his talent obvious, so I'd do what you feel is right and not listen to the "experts" on the situation. It gets old hearing, but the Pats routinely pick players who are supposedly reaches, and it normally works out for them (Logan Mankins).

He's listed to go to the chiefs on nfldraftcountdown. Where do you see him being available? Could we land him with our high second?

He'll go between pick 15 and 27ish. He won't get to our pick in R2

Damn he impressed more than I thought than.. I wanted him in the second.
No way he lasts to our 2b though.

This dude was a projected 2nd rounder and now we think he will go as high as 15th????

He just made some serious jack with that workout.

I'm not worry about not getting him....workout numbers aren't everything...maybe he'll be a good player but you can't just look at the combine...even Cam said that people put too much into Indy...you have to watch tape and see if the guy can play football or not....like Rod Woodson said...he likes to see NFL players doing track...but he doesn't like track guys playing football.In the end I keep thinking we'll draft a guard or a center before we take a LT.

Ozzy rules!!

There remains the strong possibility that we'll draft a tackle and bunk Carey to G.

There remains the strong possibility that we'll draft a tackle and bunk Carey to G.
Why would we move Carey to G after a stellar year at RT? It seems to me that RT isnt a concern area, and its easier to find a G than a T isnt it? Not trying to start an argument here but would that solve anything?

Why would we move Carey to G after a stellar year at RT? It seems to me that RT isnt a concern area, and its easier to find a G than a T isnt it? Not trying to start an argument here but would that solve anything?

If we really want Staley as much as it appears we do and Alabi can also play, then Carey, who many people think could be an even better G could slide inside.

Staley is an ultra-sure first down pick with other OT like Thomas ,Brown and maybe Ugoh

Damn has his stock soared in the last fortnight. He has great potential but he is completely unproven, and didn't have a good showing at the senior bowl.

If we really want Staley as much as it appears we do and Alabi can also play, then Carey, who many people think could be an even better G could slide inside.
I think if they find good enough talent that would justify moving Carey to guard I'm all for it. Carey's the best they have and could be a future probowler at either postion.

I tell you what if they draft Staley and Toledo can stay healthy that left side would be sick. Then maybee get a Justin Blalock to put next to Carey. Man thats a sick O-line.

LT-Joe Staley
LG-Joe Toledo
C-Rex Hadnot
RG-Justin Blalock
RT-Vernon Carey
Not bad at all for the next 7-10 years. Ronnie Brown can rush for atleast 13000 yards.

I'll be surprised if he gets to 30.

To me, Joe Staley has NE Patriots written all over him....I've heard several interviews that Staley has done on Sirius and this is a great kid! Plus, he has a chip on his shoulder from playing at a small school and his measurables are fantastic. I do not believe that he makes it past one of the two Patriot picks....this is a BB guy, unfortunately!:(

To me, Joe Staley has NE Patriots written all over him....I've heard several interviews that Staley has done on Sirius and this is a great kid! Plus, he has a chip on his shoulder from playing at a small school and his measurables are fantastic. I do not believe that he makes it past one of the two Patriot picks....this is a BB guy, unfortunately!:(

I think you're probably quite right, mate.

Back
Top Bottom