Standing Harris Up? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Standing Harris Up?

Ya know Harris is all we got left so it's going to be real easy to see how bad this guy is or if there might be something there. No way to hide the dude. Anyone worried about winning games this year have nada to worry about cause the QB can sit in the pocket tie his shoes while the running back can just run to the outside of he wants free yards.

Harris has never been one of my guys. It took me a while to warm up to him, then he underperformed. I always hoped … but … just didn't produce. One thing I do recall is that coming out lots of people said he could play 34 OLB, so he does seem to have flexibility for the multiple scheme. If he can't succeed in this scheme, he will officially become a bust. I like the person … but the player just hasn't been getting it done. Let's hope Coach Flores & Co. can flip the switch.

Stand him up, lay him down, downward dog do whatever needs to be done to make him a decent rotational guy. Here's some more stances he can try.

images

Stand him up, lay him down, downward dog do whatever needs to be done to make him a decent rotational guy. Here's some more stances he can try.

images
Hey bro, he's already lacking in pass rush moves, you promised him 100 more and only gave him 24! If he's gonna get all 100 I think you need to give him another installment of that playbook before mini-camp! Right now his play seems to be focused on the third move on the top row, and the first move on the second row!

Flores may not end up being a good head coach from a strategy standpoint but I truely believe he will excel at teaching and developing players. This is an area we have lacked since early Shula days. If Harris is going to develop it is under Flores not Gase.

I think standing him up is a great idea...then you can walk him over the door and set his sorry, nonexplosive *** free.

Yeah teammates have had to stand his ass back up a lot after being buried by the opposition's skill position players.

I understand how some fans think. They'll never give up on a player. Harris could still be out there doing the same things he's been doing for the next 15 years and there'd still be people creating threads like this one. Just the way they are.

The problem for Harris is that he was a tweener - and not in a good way like Minkah Fitzpatrick was a tweener. But in a bad way.

He's not cut out for DE because of size, lack of physicality at the LOS, and lack of lower body explosion. Also not cut out for linebacker or playing in space because of lack of athleticism and speed. That's just the facts.

You may be able to find a way to manufacture some impact for him by scheming him a sack here and there or moving him around. But you can manufacture pressure for anybody. Bottom line is you need players at certain positions you count on to just go out there and beat the guy across from 'em because they're just better, and can make plays for you in key moments - or when you're being outcoached.

Harris has never been one of my guys. It took me a while to warm up to him, then he underperformed. I always hoped … but … just didn't produce. One thing I do recall is that coming out lots of people said he could play 34 OLB, so he does seem to have flexibility for the multiple scheme. If he can't succeed in this scheme, he will officially become a bust. I like the person … but the player just hasn't been getting it done. Let's hope Coach Flores & Co. can flip the switch.

Meh, wasn’t crazy about him either. Thought fins grabbed the wrong DE there. Worth throwing him in there to accumulate some stats (increase trade value) then ship him away.

Let's see what the new coaching staff can do with Charles Harris, but don't hold your breath waiting for a miracle. We've seen very little to date.
He cant get off blocks so his best chance is at LB. Might have to que up some blitz to "utilize" his assets...

Meh, wasn’t crazy about him either. Thought fins grabbed the wrong DE there. Worth throwing him in there to accumulate some stats (increase trade value) then ship him away.
Taco Charlton should have been the clear choice at that point in the draft. IDK WTF Grier/Tbagg was thinking.

Back
Top Bottom