Stanley McClover DE/OLB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stanley McClover DE/OLB

RunRickyRun34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What do you guys think of McClover? I think he'd be a great pick in the 3rd RD for us. We could draft a WR (Holmes/Jackson) or a DB (Whitner/Allen/Cromartie) in the 1st RD and then take McClover in the 3rd RD.

He's a pretty good tackler, very quick, great motor, good against the run, 4.6 speed, and strong too. The main knock on him is that he is still somewhat raw due to a lack of experience and coming out early at Auburn. If he had stayed at least one more season, a lot of people feel that he would have been a 1st or 2nd RD pick.

Here's an official scouting report

Strengths:
An excellent natural athlete...Has outstanding speed and quickness...Agile with great body control and changes direction well...A tremendous pass rusher off the edge...Explosive and makes a lot of big plays...Does a great job in pursuit...Good tackler and shows some ability in space...Productive...Still has a massive upside.

Weaknesses:
Lacks ideal height and bulk...Does not have a lot of experience and is very raw...Is not very consistent and disappears for stretches...Needs to bulk up and get stronger...Is too aggressive at times...Struggles to take on blocks...Relies too heavily on his athleticism...Might be a 'tweener who has to change positions.

Notes:
Could be moved to outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme...Averaged about 12 tackles for loss and 8 sacks in his two seasons of playing time...Could have gone much higher with another year in college...A situational pass rusher at the very least...Has some physical tools to work with and his potential is very intriguing.

RunRickyRun34 said:
What do you guys think of McClover? I think he'd be a great pick in the 3rd RD for us. We could draft a WR (Holmes/Jackson) or a DB (Whitner/Allen/Cromartie) in the 1st RD and then take McClover in the 3rd RD.

He's a pretty good tackler, very quick, great motor, good against the run, 4.6 speed, and strong too. The main knock on him is that he is still somewhat raw due to a lack of experience and coming out early at Auburn. If he had stayed at least one more season, a lot of people feel that he would have been a 1st or 2nd RD pick.

Here's an official scouting report

Strengths:
An excellent natural athlete...Has outstanding speed and quickness...Agile with great body control and changes direction well...A tremendous pass rusher off the edge...Explosive and makes a lot of big plays...Does a great job in pursuit...Good tackler and shows some ability in space...Productive...Still has a massive upside.

Weaknesses:
Lacks ideal height and bulk...Does not have a lot of experience and is very raw...Is not very consistent and disappears for stretches...Needs to bulk up and get stronger...Is too aggressive at times...Struggles to take on blocks...Relies too heavily on his athleticism...Might be a 'tweener who has to change positions.

Notes:
Could be moved to outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme...Averaged about 12 tackles for loss and 8 sacks in his two seasons of playing time...Could have gone much higher with another year in college...A situational pass rusher at the very least...Has some physical tools to work with and his potential is very intriguing.

If we don't get Lawson, HELLS YEAH!!!!!

i'd be on cloud 9 if the Dolphins took McClover in the third.with him being banged up a big part of the year last year and having 2 more years that he could've played at Auburn,i was really shocked to see him coming out this year.

i think that he'd have been the first or second DE drafted next year if he'd had even a halfway decent season next year.

if we don't sign arrington and draft santonio holmes or another player in the 1st round, i would be happy if we get him in the 3rd round, after all draft reports i read of him, i start to like that guy more and more....

If he's still there for us in the 3rd, he would be the steal of the draft!!

Back
Top Bottom