Starks NOT Tagged | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starks NOT Tagged

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Joe Rose just confirmed that Randy Starks has not been tagged. Someone took an unreliable source and ran with it as fact. Sorry guys. Starks is still a pending FA.

Not tagged yet... I would be surpised if this doesnt happen.

For what its worth, Omar hasn't heard anything either.

Not tagged yet... I would be surpised if this doesnt happen.
Yeah. This move is the only tag that makes a lot of sense.

BTW, I love your signature. Let's get Swope in here and amp up our passing game!

Why would it make sense to tag Starks at 12 mil for 1 year, when defensive tackle is one of the deepest positions in fa and the draft?

Score one for me. Maddog 88 questioned it as well. This morning I could not believe the thread running here saying he was tagged. I had never heard of the website that claimed he was tagged. No one in the national or local media confirmed the report.

Will he get tagged...I have no idea. I would not tag him. However, I think he is a good player that would not mind having on the team. He is replaceable though if he walks.

Why would it make sense to tag Starks at 12 mil for 1 year, when defensive tackle is one of the deepest positions in fa and the draft?

Its 8 mill. thats pretty much 2 million more than what I would like to sign him for, at 6 mill. 2 mill can be had by cutting Carp.

so pretty much no news and more misleading threads being created...

That is why I didn't comment on the other thread.

If they really informed all the FA's that were not tagging and then they went and tagged a guy. That would not sit well with the other guys and their agents; and it would piss me off as a fan.

Why would it make sense to let one of your best players leave when you have to replace him with a draft pick that you don't know if he turns out to be any good? More so, why would it make sense to let one of your best players leave and create another hole when you have countless holes on the team already?

Why would it make sense to let one of your best players leave when you have to replace him with a draft pick that you don't know if he turns out to be any good? More so, why would it make sense to let one of your best players leave and create another hole when you have countless holes on the team already?

I think the philosophy is . . . you kick Jared Odrick inside and pair him with Soliai. Odrick's natural position is the position Starks is playing now. I mean we are talking about getting a more traditional 4-3 DE w/ pass rushing ability anyways . . . . you kick Jared inside, maybe get Mcdaniel for cheap to be the primary interior backup, and you have Rhandall, Vernon, Shelby and company already as depth . . . plus Jeff seems to do a solid job in finding DT prospects. Draft a Werner in round 1 or Carradine in round 2 and you are set on the line.

woerner is dropping like a stone...everything i'm hearing now is late round 1 type stuff...a average combine at explosion numbers when you are a primary edge rusher will do that to you...

woerner is dropping like a stone...everything i'm hearing now is late round 1 type stuff...a average combine at explosion numbers when you are a primary edge rusher will do that to you...

With Werner I'm getting a day one starter at DE. Despite him not being the most athletic guy in the group, he is still relatively raw and has room for improvement from a technical standpoint. I'm good with the pick if that is the direction we go. He has great hands and a great takeoff and him and Wake would make a real good combo for us.

People are going to overthink this . . . Werner is a good pick at 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom