STARS and BUSTS. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

STARS and BUSTS.

Cheapshotz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Lets make a thread dedicated too Draft Stars and Busts. I'm making this thread so it's easy to find out if the players i liked and hated make me look like a genius or a clown.

Pick 10 stars and Pick 10 Busts

STARS - My personal Favorites

Ronnie Brown
Cadillac Williams
Derrick Johnson
Matt Jones
Antrel Rolle
Vincent Jackson (sleeper)
Andrew Walter (sleeper)
JJ Arrington
Carlos Rodgers
David Pollack

BUSTS

Jason Campbell
Charlie Frye
Marion Barber III
Troy Williamson
Elton Brown
PacMan Jones
Alex Smith
Fabian Washington
Darren Sproles
Heath Miller

Cheapshotz said:
BUSTS
Darren Sproles

i would agree except for sproles. he will go ~3rd round, probubly 4th. so if hes a good backup somewhere he wont be a bust.

if some team takes him in the 2nd round, they will expect him to start, and then he would be a bust. (but i dont see that happening)

guys like Alex Smith and Matt Jones are genuine boom and bust type guys. Jason Campbell is as well.

Williamson will be awesome IMO.

Derrick Johnson is set up to fail because of all the hype around him.

I dont think Troy Williamson will be a bust. He wont be a star but I really think hell be a good solid starter in the nfl.

The only good WR to come out of the SEC that i can think of is Michael Clayton. I might look like a clown with the Williamson pick especially if he goes to Minnesota.

We'll see though:D

I predicted you would have Alex Smith on your list. unbelievable.

finfan54 said:
I predicted you would have Alex Smith on your list. unbelievable.

He's the easiest one to pick. Weak armed shot gun QB going to a crappy team. He'll be a bust for sure.:roflmao::roflmao:

I disagree that MB3 will be a bust. The only guy that stick out to me as BUST is "Mr. 40's" Fabian Washington

Cheapshotz said:
He's the easiest one to pick. Weak armed shot gun QB going to a crappy team. He'll be a bust for sure.:roflmao::roflmao:

Its amazing how people who know absolutely nothing about a player are ones to call him a bust.:shakeno:

well im not gonna go for whole career, but the players who will have the biggest impacts as a rookie
DJ
benson
caddy
mike williams
brown
rolle
antajj hawthorne (haha watch him come through with a chip on the shoulder as a 5th round pick and go nuts)

people who will have a lot less impact then expected (doesn't mean they will suck just not right away contributors)
merriman
pac-man
braylon edwards
troy williamson
marcus spears
alex barron

Cheapshotz, I admire you sticking your neck out, but could you give us a little rationale as to why you think the way you do about these guys?

Cheapshotz said:

Smith could be a bust, but your assessment on him is as accurate as Wanny's were.

Alex Smith scares me.... I am very afraid that he is going to be a bust.

phunwin said:
Cheapshotz, I admire you sticking your neck out, but could you give us a little rationale as to why you think the way you do about these guys?

I'll comment on the Busts.

Pick 10 stars and Pick 10 Busts

BUSTS

Jason Campbell - He can't read defenses, can't throw deep with accuracy, played like CRAP in his first 3 years, Stock over inflated due to lack of talent at the position, his mobility is WAY overrated (he's nowhere near the speed of your avg mobile QB), He locks on to 1st target. Doesn't scan the field for 2nd and 3rd recievers. He just SUCKS.

Charlie Frye - Overrated due to this years QB crop, Played inferior competition and his numbers weren't all that great. Throws like a girl. Throws floaters Fiedler style. Makes bad decisions. He'll be a turnover machine in the NFL.

Marion Barber III - Not super fast, Not super big, doesn't possess any special qualities. He'll be an average back at best.

Troy Williamson - I could be a clown on this pick. He has size and speed, we'll see if he can catch. He's not coming from a WR friendly system and didn't put up great stats. He's a big risk for his draft position.

Elton Brown - Fat and Lazy. Unmotivated. Got by on size alone.

PacMan Jones - super fast but he's too short. If he's expected to play against #1 Wr's in the NFL he'll get dominated.

Alex Smith - Weak armed shot gun QB who played WEAK competition in a gimmicky offense. Rarely threw deep, mainly dump off quick passes. He'll be drafted #1 or #2 and be expected start by his second year in the NFL and he'll fail miserably. His mobility is also WAY overrated. Here's the indicator to how WEAK his competition was. This guy has 4.7 speed and ran for 600yrds and 10 TD's :roflmao:. That won't happen in the NFL.

Fabian Washington - Stock rose due to his speed. His coverage skills are very questionalbe.

Darren Sproles - MIDGET, everybody loves the underdog. He's too small for the NFL.

Heath Miller - Herniated disk is a concern? He'll be on IR every year. Considered 1st round talent because he's the best of a weak TE crop. Anthony Bect anybody?

Back
Top Bottom