Start of Free Agency - Player news thread. | Page 191 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start of Free Agency - Player news thread.

One thing to consider about the Wagner signing is that his cost to Seattle is a partial product of the fact that the LB market tanked this year-- partially because of our bargain basement signing of Long.

Once teams saw that we had signed Long for 2 years and 10M... I'm pretty sure that Wagner's initial asking price began to look ridiculous.

It isn't always one or the other at the same time. Many people neglect the affect that time has on these things.

Ya he’s definitely not a team builder. He’s a mortgager. If left to build a team via his own draft selections, it would get ugly for him.

Just shows you how far an OL can carry a franchise. Not an OL that features Andre Dillard.

Jalen Hurts saved his reputation. Would’ve been more impressive if he didn’t take Jalen Raegor before Hurts.

& have you noticed that the iggles more often than not draft a Pac12 WR?

On paper, Trill is the closest we have to a Holland replacement. He has similar size, speed, athleticism, coverage ability, and hitting ability. So I agree that he makes sense to transition to safety. Would love to develop him into a long-term third safety with Holland and Jones for the Fangio system.

Trill has much more value on the boundary for us. Disagree with the switch to safety completely and don't see it.

Ramsey has proven he can play mutiple positions in this scheme, especially as a force in the nickle or at Star.

Kohou's game is also much more applicable to the nickle.

That means barring a swift and full Needham recovery, Trill is potentially the next man up (assuming his own recovery) on the boundary if we move Ramsey around (which I expect 100%).

This topic makes zero sense given the Elliot signing and potential development of McKinley.

I agree and don't see much likelihood that he's traded as I see occasionally speculated. I see our WR room as Hill, Waddle, Wilson, Berrios as the core group with EE, Cracraft, Sanders etc. rounding out the room.
I mean, if there isn't a chance to get something good by trading him, keep him. He wasn't not on the field due to talent. Hill and Waddle are in cement as Xa and X b, so there are only so many spots available. I would expect to see Cracraft, Wilson and EZ E cycled out there until one is the dominant starter as WR3.

You never know ….maybe he preferred Seattle.
These decisions usually have multiple factors.

I personally really liked Wagner, but we have a lot of LBs. While some might say you can never have too many good players or CBs or whatever, reality is that at some points choices have to be made. I'd be more inclined to use our limited salary cap space at other positions.

Trill has much more value on the boundary for us. Disagree with the switch to safety completely and don't see it.

Ramsey has proven he can play mutiple positions in this scheme, especially as a force in the nickle or at Star.

That means barring a swift and full Needham recovery, Trill is potentially the next man up (assuming his own recovery) on the boundary if we move Ramsey around (which I expect 100%).

This topic makes zero sense given the Elliot signing and potential development of McKinley.
I feel the same. With Holland, Jones, Elliott, and possibly McKinley in front of him at safety, I’d think Trill offers much more value at CB

I mean, if there isn't a chance to get something good by trading him, keep him. He wasn't not on the field due to talent. Hill and Waddle are in cement as Xa and X b, so there are only so many spots available. I would expect to see Cracraft, Wilson and EZ E cycled out there until one is the dominant starter as WR3.
I'm expecting to see Wilson and Berrios take over many of Gesicki's snaps in the slot. I see those two as well above the other three in terms of talent.

Kohou was much better on the boundary than at nickel last year. Doesn’t mean he can’t develop at the nickel, as his size and tackling suggest he’d make sense at nickel, but as of now he’s almost definitely next man up on the boundary in the event X or Ramsey get hurt. Needham would be next man up in the slot.

So with Kohou/Needham at CB and Elliott at safety, Trill is probably two injuries away from seeing the field regardless of position. The question is just where he fits best.

I do not see Verone McKinley as someone who impacts roster choices.

One thing to consider about the Wagner signing is that his cost to Seattle is a partial product of the fact that the LB market tanked this year-- partially because of our bargain basement signing of Long.

Once teams saw that we had signed Long for 2 years and 10M... I'm pretty sure that Wagner's initial asking price began to look ridiculous.

It isn't always one or the other at the same time. Many people neglect the affect that time has on these things.
We don’t need Wagner we have a 26 year old David long who is a very good linebacker

Back
Top Bottom