Start picking an O line for 2022 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start picking an O line for 2022

fin007

Club Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins need a new O Line. I would start with looking for a left tackle like Jordan Mailata. I would replace the entire Miami line if it were up to me. Get solid tackles for the left and right, and then build from there. Watching this O line wiff blocks, with poor form and technique, kills me every week. Who should Miami target for its O Line for 2022?

Replacing the OL is a good way to insure the OL is terrible for the 2023 season. The current OL was effective and productive in helping the Dolphins win 7 consecutive games this season.
Many of those wins were in spite of the OL. I say we get in a legit OL coach, overpay him and get him in here early, and let him help in evaluating and picking what needs to be brought in.

Hunt is a keeper. Deiter might be. Try to upgrade there, but my priority would be at tackle.

Armstead would be my first target. I don't think New Orleans will be able to keep him, but he will likely cost $20 million per year.

I'd find a serviceable, mid-tier right tackle.

Eichenberg, Jackson and possibly an early draft pick to battle for LG. If Linderbaum drops to Miami's pick, I'd probably take him depending on who else is available. Then Deiter could compete for LG.

Teron Armstead
Laken Tomlinson
Linderbaum ( spelled wrong, but the kid from Iowa)

That's the start.

Hire the best o line coach available. I don't care. Poach one from a team. I don't care if it costs us picks lol.

Decide whether Hunt is our RT or our RG next year.

LT-Armstead
LG- Tomlinson
C- lyndebaum
RG- Hunt
RT???? Maybe Eichenberg

Honestly. We need 4 new lineman. Maybe 3 if you still wanna give Eich more time.

The key is deciding on Hunt. Where he plays determines whether you need 2 tackles or 2 guards.

There is no doubt the Dolphins have to sign at least two experienced and talented offensive linemen in free agency. I'd prefer one high level tackle and a center. If there isn't a center worth signing, then Miami should sign two tackles. They should also consider adding someone in the draft if the opportunity presents itself. I would not bring back Dieter next year unless he was going to be a backup. Hunt is the only guy I would bank on as a starter next season. I would let Jackson, Kindley, and Eichenberg battle it out for any of the vacant positions after free agency.

Too many fans and media mistakenly believe it is easy and, or, common for a QB to stand in the pocket and have plenty of time, or that running backs should have huge holes open for them. In the NFL that rarely happens for any team. The Dolphins OL steadily improved throughout the season and will be just fine if given the opportunity to play together again next season. For OL play continuity is very helpful. Constant changing of OL players is a primary reason the Jets, Jags, Dolphins, Lions etc... have struggled to have consistently winning teams.

Back
Top Bottom