start playing for 2005! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

start playing for 2005!

dodge

Starter
Reaction score
boston's injury on top of ricky's sudden retirement is a knockout punch. no matter how much optimism i have, i just can't see the fins competing for the playoffs this year, i'm not even sure we can avoid the cellar of our division. so i say we use 2004 for a rebuilding year, something most teams need every 5 years or less and we haven't had since 1988. we have continously tried to prime ourselves for a superbowl run every year instead of taking 2 steps back so that we can take 5 forward. now we have the chance to give some young players the chance to play and have a high pick and a big chunk of cap space to add free agents next year. here are some suggestions: feeley should now be given the starting qb spot all year and lets find out if he is the future. after chambers and boston we really have just a bunch of 4's and 5's at wr, except for newsome. i feel newsome could be a number 2 wr so he goes in at boston's spot. vernon carey might as well get experience so he starts at either rg or rt. i'm no seau basher, but why keep him and a large salary now and probably have to cut a promising young lb. besides moore needs playing time. surtain and madison seem to battle nagging injuries through out the year, give them plenty of rest and let howard and poole show their stuff. also yeremiah bell should see plenty of time at safety. i figure these moves are win-win. either the players prove their worth and flourish with the added playing time or we realize they are not the answer and move on at the end of the year instead of believing they could be the answer and and not finding out for another season or two. its going to be a tough year, imo, but it would be easier to take if we use it to our advantage for the future.

Yeah, the football gods are trying to tell us something. Prepare for the future. I just hope Wanny can hear them. We can have a real good draft pick and put together a good young team that has a shot in a couple of yrs.

Hell, it's not like this current group of veterans have accomplished much of anything.

Back
Top Bottom