Start Sage next week? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start Sage next week?

JTK

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I say give him a chance. Lucas blows. How many times did he have open recievers and then throw the ball into the ground. then he looks at his reciever the whole time. Easy for DB's to make the move and pick him off!

YES GOD PLEASE, Lucas sucks, he couldn't read a defense if is life depended on it.

WTF? rican........would you rather face a QB who you KNOW sucks or one who MIGHT suck?

QB

you think that by putting in a third that is a third string qb in the game is going to give you a chance against us

you gotta be kidding me...

No, Lucas should start

It never surprises me how much the average football fan can whine and ask for changes. We can cure the world's lack of freshwater problem easily by collecting all the tears into buckets.

Lucas showed improvement in a game he didn't lose. That is the positive you take from this game. Take that positive and shut the hell up.

Instead of looking at where this game was lost, too many of you whiney a$$ fans want to put the microscope on Ray and detail how he didn't look like Dan Marino in his prime.

The fumbles lost this game before Ray started playing poorly. Flip the coin and erase the fumbles and we have a situation where Ray gets better. PERIOD!

Of course, average football fans who gnaw at the bit of ignorance every chance they get will whine for change just for the hell of it. It doesn't matter whether it is Jay or Ray or whoever, it constantly has to be something that they have to be right about.

I think you give Lucas too much credit. Every pass he throws I find myself holding my breath. When he drops back and he starts moving those happy feet around, even when the rush isn't on him, it's as if both he and I know something bad is about to happen. But he can't just give it to Ricky because he's the one player we have on O right now and the D is stacked against him.

The key is keep doing those little screen passes and quick hits to the RB and FB. When the QB (whoever it is) has an open passing lane, if they're in the NFL they should be able to make that pass.

Please fellas. Ray Lucas starts, period. Yes, times are tough right now for Dolphin Nation, but a revolving QB door a 'la the Bungles will not make our situation any better. Sage has no experience and cannot possibly run Norv's WCO.

For better or for worse, Ray Lucas is our starting QB for the next two weeks. I dont like it either, but thats the hand that was dealt to us. Lets buckle down and keep our composure.

The road is long and winding...

Sage Looked like he was petrified out there, he is not the answer just stick to Lucas till the man (fiedler) gets back and we can continue this journey

Re: No, Lucas should start

Originally posted by Superself
It never surprises me how much the average football fan can whine and ask for changes. We can cure the world's lack of freshwater problem easily by collecting all the tears into buckets.

Lucas showed improvement in a game he didn't lose. That is the positive you take from this game. Take that positive and shut the hell up.

Instead of looking at where this game was lost, too many of you whiney a$$ fans want to put the microscope on Ray and detail how he didn't look like Dan Marino in his prime.

The fumbles lost this game before Ray started playing poorly. Flip the coin and erase the fumbles and we have a situation where Ray gets better. PERIOD!

Of course, average football fans who gnaw at the bit of ignorance every chance they get will whine for change just for the hell of it. It doesn't matter whether it is Jay or Ray or whoever, it constantly has to be something that they have to be right about.

where in the bronx are you from ?

Originally posted by KidAmnesiac
I think you give Lucas too much credit. Every pass he throws I find myself holding my breath.

Really? I hold my breath everytime Ricky Williams gets tackled hoping he doesn't fumble!

I also hold my breath everytime we cover punts and during kickoffs that someone will tackle the guy b4 he breaks a big one on us.

You are simply showing concern. This isn't abnormal. Everyone does it. I bet you smiled when Ray took off and made that first first down though.
I know I did, because it shows that he is improving....and right now, that is what we as fans should recognize and put hope in. If he can improve and learn from his mistakes,...which he has done, it means the team can get better IF the team plays better as a whole.

I'd like to see that happen next week.

If Norv is willing to let Sage throw the ball more than 5 yards, then please start Sage :yell: Lucas did nothing, but throw a bunch of dump offs into the flat. The best things Lucas did was lead us in rushing - which is of course pathetic. Whichever QB we are willing to let throw the ball down the field periodically needs to start; and Lucas basically did that only 3 or 4 times that game at once in triple coverage to score ag us.

The only reason I would start Lucas is because it is ag the Jets and that might motivate him enough, but my gut says start Sage and bring Lucas in if he sucks, too :cry:

I just don't understand why the fans should try to be confident when the team obviously is not. This goes back to the mentality of playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Right now it seems the team adopted the attitude of, let's try not to lose while Jay is out, and look what has happened. Hopefully this week will be about LET'S WIN AGAINST THE JETS and things will turn around.

And you can't tell me that ricky handling the ball is as scary as lucas dropping back to pass. No way.

Lucas' mechanics suck, too - he take 4ever to get rid of the ball and does not move himself within the pocket to get a passing lane. If/when he plays on Sun., Norv should put in loads of bootlegs away from Abraham

Originally posted by KidAmnesiac
I just don't understand why the fans should try to be confident when the team obviously is not. This goes back to the mentality of playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Right now it seems the team adopted the attitude of, let's try not to lose while Jay is out, and look what has happened.
I actually think I game plan was to try not to turn the ball over and that backfired because of 2 absolutely pee-wee level fumbles :fire:

Back
Top Bottom