Start talking about Ed Perry! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start talking about Ed Perry!

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Since we can no longer talk about Ricky Williams, Pat Surtain, AJ Feeley. Gus Frerotte, Jason Taylor, potential 1st round draft picks, etc. according to the wishes of various forum members, I believe our only choice is to begin discussing marginal and less glamorous players in the doldrums of the offseason.

So, do you believe Ed Perry can repeat the long snapping success he had during the 2002 season?

SkapePhin said:
Since we can no longer talk about Ricky Williams, Pat Surtain, AJ Feeley. Gus Frerotte, Jason Taylor, potential 1st round draft picks, etc. according to the wishes of various forum members, I believe our only choice is to begin discussing marginal and less glamorous players in the doldrums of the offseason.

So, do you believe Ed Perry can repeat the long snapping success he had during the 2002 season?
weren't you banned too? :rolleyes:

SkapePhin said:

I think we should pick up another LS in the early rounds of the draft to compete with Perry for the starting job in the second round.. He needs a push I think.

Can he snap the ball ,run it, throw it and catch it, all in the same play?

:rofl:

I dunno skape, I just feel that his '02 season was very special and that it will be very hard for him to recapture that level of performance. He is older now so I duno.

I mean, he bent down and chucked that egg shaped ball between his legs so well.

Ya he has dominated for awhile, and I think a little compitition would be good. I am all for drafting a long snapper.

It would be very difficult to find another guy in draft to really push him.....it takes a special kind of player to bend over and whip balls between his legs...

SkapePhin said:

We can always take that long snapper from Bethune Cookman with the 2nd pick just in case!!:eek:

In all fairness, this is actually a somewhat serious issue. Wasn't it before the 2003 season that Perry had a season-ending injury, and we shuttled through a lot of long-snappers to find a replacement? As well as eventually replacing Mark Royals with Matt Turk? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this merry-go-round happening when we lost the game to New England with two missed field goals? I seem to remember another game early in the year with a huge missed field goal, maybe the Houston game? For an offense like Miami's, where points are at a premium, the snap-hold-kick exchange on field goals is extremely important.

Joey 22 said:
Can he snap the ball ,run it, throw it and catch it, all in the same play?

I bet Wes Welker could :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom