Starting Lineup: Baggett, Linehan, Houck, Mueller, Saban! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting Lineup: Baggett, Linehan, Houck, Mueller, Saban!

Despacio

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Many people believe it all starts with coaching and a good front office. I dont see how the staff built AW (After Wanny) will not be able to get Miami into the next level sooner or later in this parity-heavy league. Of course theres always the issue of chemistry and whether the coaches can work together. Either way the improvements made for players this offseason doesnt compare to the moves made in the miami coaching ranks this offseason.

Despacio said:
Many people believe it all starts with coaching and a good front office. I dont see how the staff built AW (After Wanny) will not be able to get Miami into the next level sooner or later in this parity-heavy league.
I agree, we now have a top notch staff from top to bottom. Getting rid of Spielman and hiring a real(I know, Rick did do some things right) GM was the final piece. No more excuses can be made that we don't have good Front Office people or good coaches, because we now have a very good crew. Also, having Wayne as the owner is the icing on the cake! Who doesn't want an owner how is willing to spend the money on these high priced coaches to help take us to the next level?

The future is bright for Miami my friends! :mdfin:

Wagon Circler said:
Not ripping on you, just thought this was worth a chuckle.2005
Sun., Oct 9, Miami Dolphins - W
Sun., Dec 4, at Miami - W

not this year young man tell losman im not the sackmasta 4 nothing :evil:

our coaching staff and pesonnel dept. is like an all-star team.

The only guy that I'm not totally enamoured with is Richard Smith - thats because I would have preferred a younger guy like Tomlin, Mangini or even Muschamps to have gotten the job.

finsnchips said:
our coaching staff and pesonnel dept. is like an all-star team.

The only guy that I'm not totally enamoured with is Richard Smith - thats because I would have preferred a younger guy like Tomlin, Mangini or even Muschamps to have gotten the job.
Agreed. I can't wait to see how much good coaching is going to have an IMPACT on us oppose to the past 5 seasons! And I agree with you I'm a bit concerned about Ricahrd Smith as well, but as far as I have heard... it sounds like Nick Saban will still be running the show and will still be the man running our Defense as well.

Despacio said:
Many people believe it all starts with coaching and a good front office. I dont see how the staff built AW (After Wanny) will not be able to get Miami into the next level sooner or later in this parity-heavy league. Of course theres always the issue of chemistry and whether the coaches can work together. Either way the improvements made for players this offseason doesnt compare to the moves made in the miami coaching ranks this offseason.

I agree, in this age of free agency, it does not take 3-4 years to be in contention. In fact, coaches that do not perform after 2-3 years are often let go.

Everyone loves the coaching staff including me...however the coaching staff can't actually play...we still need the right players to make anything happen.. playoffs/superbowl. I still say we need another year or two to actually contend. Many of the players that we brought in are not long term solutions, Saban will build this team through the draft.

Wagon Circler said:
Not ripping on you, just thought this was worth a chuckle.

tht is kinda funny:lol:

but umm....Bills suck!;)

• Coaching is at a premium like never before.
  • Coaches that are great teachers are in high demand... just look at the salary structure.
  • With the heavy player movement in the NFL coaching/teaching is key to getting a good product on the field.... you only have 2-4 years for the most part.
  • Teams want smart players, all the physicall ability in the world is not going to get you on the field if you can't understand your job in game plans. One player breaks down... team breaks down.
I am very excited about the mix of experience and youth on Sabans staff... clearly everyone is on the same page and working together.... I think we will see it first hand how coaching and scheme impact play as we watch the o-line develop this year.

I am excited about this coaching staff. IMO their ultimate success will depend on their ability to find a QB. The QB is like a coach on the field and that is the remaining hole in the coaching staff.

I think this shows the fundamental difference between Saban and the likes of Butch Davis/Steve Spurrier, other highly touted college coaches who were lured to the NFL but did not have success. The infrastructure of the my beloved organization is really impressive. Success starts from the top all the way down. Saban obviously subscribes to this philosophy and has erased the mistakes cut dead wieght and filled in the blanks quite well. All these signs show me that he Will Not Repeat the same errors that other HC w/o NFL hc exp has made. He has surrounded himself with Experienced knowledge, proven commodities, and young up and comers. It may not happen this year (Saban needs 1 or 2 more offseasons) but almost everything he as done and whom he has hired tells me that he will return the Fins to were they belong...To the top tiers of the NFL......

finmann said:
Everyone loves the coaching staff including me...however the coaching staff can't actually play...we still need the right players to make anything happen.. playoffs/superbowl. I still say we need another year or two to actually contend. Many of the players that we brought in are not long term solutions, Saban will build this team through the draft.

I've always been a believer that coaches "coach" more when they don't have "their" players. Sometimes, after they've goth "their" guy, they get a little lazy in their approach because they feel the "their athlete" will compensate with talent.

And, not to be an optimistic pessimist, but I truly believe this team is not your "average" rebuilding team. We have 2/3 "iffy" spots on D and most are "depth" issues (DT, S, CB).

Although our OLine is not stocked with Pro Bowlers, I do believe coaching will get this unit to average/above average by mid-season. And, while Feeley is not Manning, I believe with the right coaching he could have a break out year. If not, it's nice having a KNOWLEDGABLE backup in Gus on the bench.

I feel our O and D have just as much talent or more in skill positions than most teams in the NFL. With a Top 5/10 D and Top 15 O, this team could easily win NOW.

This year, it's all up about coaching, in my opinion. I truly feel the sky's the limit.

Back
Top Bottom