Starting Tackle in third round | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting Tackle in third round

jmorgan6977

Puck the Fats
Reaction score
• Chris Chester, OL, Oklahoma
Chester is still raw, but the former tight end showcased his athletic ability with a unit-best 4.88 seconds in the 40-yard dash. He also finished near the top of all the offensive linemen in the vertical jump (31½), broad jump (8-10), short shuttle (4.50) and three-cone drill (7.31). Once considered a late-round project, Chester could sneak into the latter portion of Day 1.

Houck could turn this guy into a gold mine. With the speed at DE anymore and a new emphasize on athleticism for ol because of the 3-4, I think he fits the bill nicely and cheapley.

jmorgan6977 said:
Chester is still raw, but the former tight end showcased his athletic ability with a unit-best 4.88 seconds in the 40-yard dash. He also finished near the top of all the offensive linemen in the vertical jump (31½), broad jump (8-10), short shuttle (4.50) and three-cone drill (7.31). Once considered a late-round project, Chester could sneak into the latter portion of Day 1.

Houck could turn this guy into a gold mine. With the speed at DE anymore and a new emphasize on athleticism for ol because of the 3-4, I think he fits the bill nicely and cheapley.

Yeah, I had read about him. I think he could be a great addition, and he would be a great pick in the 3rd. Might depend on what we do in FA and with the first few picks. I like this idea thouhg, that gives us round 1 and 2 to get impact D players. Good post

Danny said:
He's gonna be a guard in the NFL.

Ozzy rules!!

I dont think so. He is really athletic for a guy that size. He has the talent to play OT, maybe not LT right away, but I see him maybe there after some good coaching

He played C in college. But he could either C or G in the NFL.

jmorgan6977 said:

Those numbers remind me of Larry Allen when he came out of college. I'm not saying he's going to be as great as Allen, just the numbers are similar.

jmorgan6977 said:
Chester is still raw, but the former tight end showcased his athletic ability with a unit-best 4.88 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

I just can't see the benefit of running a good 40 time when you are a lineman, doesn't matter a whole lot. Kinda like bench press reps for kickers.

Chris Chester is VERY similar to Wade Smith coming out. Fortunately for Chester, there isn't a Dave Wannstedt out there that is going to force him to play a position he's just not suited for...in the pros I project him to be a Center, and a pretty good one at that. He could also be a guard but he's not really strong in the upper body and I haven't seen him just knock people off the ball.

He did go one-on-one with Haloti Ngata in the bowl game and really controlled Ngata extremely well...made him look bad.

yes i'm surprised ngata's stock hasn't dropped considerably after the holiday bowl. and i don't see how chester will play tackle.

Back
Top Bottom