Starting to like M.Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting to like M.Williams

dolphindiehard

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The more I keep thinking about this the more I would like to draft Mike Williams before I would take Edwards. Williams is said to have better hands and many have said that Edwards drops too many easy balls. As for speed Williams ran a 4.6 in the forty which is the same speed that a guy named J.Rice ran coming out of college and I dont think he turned out too bad. I just feel that at 6'5" and 230 lbs. Williams will be almost unstoppable in the red zone and will put up a lot of TD's. This is what we need and what Saban said he wants "A Playmaker". I would take him at 2 if we stay there or would trade down a bit and hope he is still there.

yup... been saying it for months. I can't see us getting him though, but would literally go through the roof if we did.

I would much prefer Williams, he just seems to be more put together in body and head. I think his speed is more than adequate. He and chambers sounds much better than chambers and edwards

Williams is extremely talented but my only concern is that he has been out of football for a year now, it might take him a while to get up to speed

nick19991 said:
Williams is extremely talented but my only concern is that he has been out of football for a year now, it might take him a while to get up to speed

That's what training camp is for. Don't forget preseason.

nick19991 said:
I dunno mate, I look at that as a positive.

What is the knock on Benson? Mike is fresher, and it isn't like he has been sitting on his arse all year. He has got quicker and has also got his weight under control.

nick19991 said:

Read the article that's linked 2-3 posts above. This should erase any doubts you have about his conditioning and time it will take to "get up to speed".

good read, my doubts are gone but I doubt we draft him but hopefully we trade down with the Bucs who want Smith and then we either get Ronnie Brown or Mike Williams :cooldude:

nick19991 said:
good read, my doubts are gone but I doubt we draft him but hopefully we trade down with the Bucs who want Smith and then we either get Ronnie Brown or Mike Williams :cooldude:

I'm starting to think that it is a real possibility. Fact of the matter is, we will probably not be able to trade down so we'll have to pick at #2. Saban wants a play maker and seems to believe in drafting BPA (BB style of drafting and what not). If going by that criteria, I would think that Williams, Edwards, and Caddy are the biggest play makers in the top 5, IMO. I think if we stay at #2 these are the 3 guys we're strongly considering.

As much as I don't like Cris Carter, he probably had a huge influence on Randy Moss and what he has become. There are many quotes from Randy about how much he learned from Carter. A lot of the things he talks about, are the little things that go mostly unnoticed and make the difference between the good and the greats. I don't see it being impossible, that he has learned more about the speed of the NFL and how to play at the next level from being off a year from college than if he had played.

I like Williams too, looks like he will be a great pro......but I don't like him as our first pick of a player in the entire draft. We don't need a WR at this point.

Mushin, hines and T.O. all in one and years ahead of him to be better than all of them. Ronnie Or Mike? take your pick...I wouldn't mind either player.

Back
Top Bottom