Starting to look like a team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting to look like a team

17-0

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Starting to look like a team. The fist team looked much improved. I think excellent coaching and a little game planning had a lot do with it. The O line looked like a different unit out there. This is pretty much the same starting lineup as 2004 so the only logical reason for improvement would be the coaching. The fact that we did not change any guys on the O line will actually work out in our favor. Knowing what the guy next to you is going to do only comes with time. These guys have a year together under their belts, that’s not something you can draft or pick up in free agency. 0 sacks, and 1 fumble, this is another sign that the mental mistakes will not be tolerated by the new coaches. The receivers did a better job of catching the ball before they started running. I’m not going to get down on Chambers for a couple dropped passes that could have led to TDs, he is always there when we need in the games that count. Ricky looks like Ricky. I was glad to see him run over some guys, in addition to bouncing some runs outside. At first I thought that he would need all his weight back but another 5-10 lbs should make him unstoppable. Ronnie showed us glimpses of his moves and explosiveness. I think we will get to see more against the Falcons. Mc Michael must have gotten reamed after the Pitt game, because he was much improved from his half a$$ play in that game. I don’t know what to say about the QB situation. Gus lead us down the field on the opening drive for seven but then looked dazed and confused on the second drive. He showed off his arm again but put no touch on the ball. Feely didn’t get to come in until late in the 3rd but he looked more in control of his game. He is still staring down his receivers, but that can be fixed with coaching. People have been making a big seal about all the new faces in the secondary, but Madison is the one letting these teams break off these huge runs every game. With that said the defense looked stellar. Jason Taylor is a beast; Crowder (spelling) is a beast in the making. The restructuring that took place on the D line is incredible considering what Wanny and the old GM left them to work with. The defense made big things happen, if the offence can capitalize on these opportunities we can score a lot of points this year. I can’t wait to see shat we do with the Falcons. They probably have the best D we’ll se in the preseason. It will be nice to see how our D matches up against their offence. “If†our defense can contain Vick we have a good chance to win the game. GO DOLPHINS :cool:

Back
Top Bottom