State of the cap on 7/28/2021 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

State of the cap on 7/28/2021

Once the WR corps shacks out there will be more room since the guys who Miami will potentially trade or release free up cap room too (for example Grant would be another 4m).

Team Cap Space: $8,619,799

All signings are posted with the exception of Eichenberg (who will reduce our cap by about 500K). So, we will have just over 8M remaining for this year. This is money that could be used to sign a mid-market free agent like Justin Houston, or provide some up-front money for a Gesicki extension, or even throw a few dollars at a disaffected malignant narcissist (who shall remain nameless).

Or... it could be rolled over into next year's cap-- where we are already VERY flush.

What it won't be spent upon are basic waiver wire signings because all of those signing will be guys who'll sign for LESS than our 51st highest paid player (at this juncture, it is Isaiah Ford at 920k). These guys will be free... at least as far as the Cap is concerned.

We'll likely get some relief when Clayton Fejedelem is released (about 1.5M), and when Jakeem Grant is dealt or traded (another 3M or so). There may be another suprise cut or trading along the way, but I think the least we are looking at will be around 13 Million UNDER the cap.

If we move Xavien Hoard, we'll pick up another 11M.

We have TONS of room-- especially if we move Hoard. Or... we have tons of money TO sign Hoard.

This is an EXCELLENT cap management job-- one of the best in the NFL, but the time will come when we'll have to make more choices about which ones of the players that we'll choose to give this money to.
Who is the Fiddlejam guy? And why does he make more than league min?

Who is the Fiddlejam guy? And why does he make more than league min?
Heh!

He's an excellent special teams player, but I doubt that we carry more than one of these guys... and this year, it'll be Carter-- he has guaranteed money.

Heh!

He's an excellent special teams player, but I doubt that we carry more than one of these guys... and this year, it'll be Carter-- he has guaranteed money.
I would never try to pronounce his name. I had forgotten about him. Yeah can’t use up too many roster spots on these players.

Once the WR corps shacks out there will be more room since the guys who Miami will potentially trade or release free up cap room too (for example Grant would be another 4m).
Why can’t it be like hockey where if a guy gets hurt and goes on IR you get relief. Our WRs alone would free up tens of millions by week 3.

Team Cap Space: $8,619,799

All signings are posted with the exception of Eichenberg (who will reduce our cap by about 500K). So, we will have just over 8M remaining for this year. This is money that could be used to sign a mid-market free agent like Justin Houston, or provide some up-front money for a Gesicki extension, or even throw a few dollars at a disaffected malignant narcissist (who shall remain nameless).

Or... it could be rolled over into next year's cap-- where we are already VERY flush.

What it won't be spent upon are basic waiver wire signings because all of those signing will be guys who'll sign for LESS than our 51st highest paid player (at this juncture, it is Isaiah Ford at 920k). These guys will be free... at least as far as the Cap is concerned.

We'll likely get some relief when Clayton Fejedelem is released (about 1.5M), and when Jakeem Grant is dealt or traded (another 3M or so). There may be another suprise cut or trading along the way, but I think the least we are looking at will be around 13 Million UNDER the cap.

If we move Xavien Hoard, we'll pick up another 11M.

We have TONS of room-- especially if we move Hoard. Or... we have tons of money TO sign Hoard.

This is an EXCELLENT cap management job-- one of the best in the NFL, but the time will come when we'll have to make more choices about which ones of the players that we'll choose to give this money to.
You really want pass rush don’t you. Lol. Me too. We’re one injury away from a problem and we cannot depend on a rookie, no matter how talented he is. I say trade X for Chandler Jones and a 2nd and let move on from this drama.

N
Neville Chamberlain advises against appeasement for appeasement's sake.......

Just sayin.......
Neville Chamberlain right before facing the Nazi juggernaut- “I got this-piece of cake.”

Back
Top Bottom