State of the Franchise: Will Flores' Dolphins break through in Year 2? (NFL.com) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

State of the Franchise: Will Flores' Dolphins break through in Year 2? (NFL.com)

ATL_PHIN_FAN

Winner Under Construction
Reaction score
It's about consistent growth.

Building a foundation. Before doing all the pretty stuff in landscaping.

And the author of that article was about managed expectations and reality that this franchise is realistically a year away.

Many of us have said as much.

It hard say what dolphins are going do this yr.. I got see them play couple games first... I know they should be better than last yr..

Good article
Found it interesting he said Jackson and then 2 guards, meaning Hunt. Wonder if it was a typo or does he only rate Hunt as a G not a T? A solid line gives hope that Tua remains in one piece. Yes I think he will find the field at some point, Flo won't hesitate if Fitz is off the boil same as benching Rosen last season.
Howard as the come back MVP, I could see as teams may want to test him after injuries while Jones has been solid in his play. Howard being a ball hawk could grab a swag of Intercepts. As to the actual MVP too much uncertainty regards so many new players to make a choice.
Lawson as a break out one can only hope as it would certainly help the D.
Great to see he hadn't forgotten Williams at WR. If Preston can fire up it may mean a drop in Parker's stats but not his standard of play. Same may apply to Gesicki. Bottom line it will be beneficial to whoever is the QB.
I'm more on seeing the players develop so we can see who is a long term fix and the overall standard of play lift rather than a couple of extra wins.
The higher we draft especially the next one the better chance we have of getting more talent in the building.
The wins will come, so will the playoffs and a positive future for Miami but more 2021/22 than 2020.

I think this article has been posted before, but don't see the thread. It's extensive and I'm an Adam Rank fan ... but I'm not sure I agree with it all. Still, this is far more in-depth analysis than national guys tend to give the Dolphins, which is nice. The guys at NFL.com tend to be more informed about the Dolphins than most national media, especially the Around the NFL podcast guys and that cadre of writers/podcasters.

I expect significant strides to be made, it may not show in the record though.

Year 3 is where we should start to see a playoff contender.

I bet we use a lot of 6 offensive linemen sets...Flores was so pissed about our line getting pushed around all the time.

It to earle to say what Flores will be. Will he be just like last 3 or 4 coach. ..winning 5 game last yr was like moral victory. We will see time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom