State of the Franchise: Will Flores' Dolphins break through in Year 2? (NFL.com) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

State of the Franchise: Will Flores' Dolphins break through in Year 2? (NFL.com)

Level headed approach is the best way to go about things.

Miami did an unprecedented tear down, won some games off the back of an old gunslinger that proved not to change their vision of building inside out with the mindset to protect the qb.

Winning those games didnt also change the fact Miami is a bad football team and still needs upgrades at plenty of positions.

Level headed approach is the best way to go about things.

Miami did an unprecedented tear down, won some games off the back of an old gunslinger that proved not to change their vision of building inside out with the mindset to protect the qb.

Winning those games didnt also change the fact Miami is a bad football team and still needs upgrades at plenty of positions.
That's a fair, but incomplete assesment.

We also did, without question upgrade some areas.

Couldn't consistently set the edge?
Bring in Ogbah/Lawson.

Thin secondary?
Bring in Jones, draft Iggy (also Howard returns).

Zero running game?
Howard/Brieda/Flowers/Karras (that's not even getting into drafted players)

Sure we still have needs, but I think it is fair to say we are in a much better situation now.

That's a fair, but incomplete assesment.

We also did, without question upgrade some areas.

Couldn't consistently set the edge?
Bring in Ogbah/Lawson.

Thin secondary?
Bring in Jones, draft Iggy (also Howard returns).

Zero running game?
Howard/Brieda/Flowers/Karras (that's not even getting into drafted players)

Sure we still have needs, but I think it is fair to say we are in a much better situation now.

No doubt Miami improved tremendously. I was talking more about the units that still need an influx of play making talent. Linebacker (specifically ILB since Van Noy will be a massive upgrade) and Safety. Safety is lacking a ball-hawk play-maker that a defense needs to really be as good as it can be, even signing a guy like Malik Hooker next year would massively help.

Those two position groups are key to take a defense to the next level and it'll be needed if Miami is serious about making noise in the playoffs.

I think the lack of OTA’s and rookie camp will slow the teams progress this season. With no preseason games and so many new and young players on the roster it is likely the Dolphins will start slowly to begin the season. I expect them to improve as the younger players adjust to the NFL and the new free agent additions get more comfortable playing in a new system.

The teams with veteran head coaches and few roster changes from last year will have a definite advantage early in the season. I have always thought that the 2020 season for the Dolphins was more about building the roster for the future. So I am not expecting a playoff team but I am expecting a team that is improving as the season goes along. To me the Dolphins are another good draft and a year away from being a legitimate playoff contender. It will be 2021 before I judge both Flores and Grier. If the Dolphins are still no better than mediocre once the 2021 season is over, then I will be concerned that they are not the right men for the job.

Until then, I will just sit back and see how the team develops and hope for the best.

It to earle to say what Flores will be. Will he be just like last 3 or 4 coach. ..winning 5 game last yr was like moral victory. We will see time will tell.
Not inaccurate to call it a moral victory. But it was an unimaginable accomplishment with that roster. Just as I was getting ready to put the paper bag over my head, he turned us into a competent football team.

None of our other coaches since Shula could have dreamed of accomplishing that. Saban would have quit by halftime of the Baltimore game. Give this man some actual NFL talent, and let's see what he can do.

And most of the free agents we got chose to come here because they respected the culture they saw being built here. Karras signed for less money to play for us over the Pats. I know a huge incentive there was higher opportunity to start, but still. Without that second half run, we would have remained a complete joke that no respectable FA would sign with.

I don't see our second half run as a moral victory. I see it as an important building block of things to come.

Not inaccurate to call it a moral victory. But it was an unimaginable accomplishment with that roster. Just as I was getting ready to put the paper bag over my head, he turned us into a competent football team.

None of our other coaches since Shula could have dreamed of accomplishing that. Saban would have quit by halftime of the Baltimore game. Give this man some actual NFL talent, and let's see what he can do.

And most of the free agents we got chose to come here because they respected the culture they saw being built here. Karras signed for less money to play for us over the Pats. I know a huge incentive there was higher opportunity to start, but still. Without that second half run, we would have remained a complete joke that no respectable FA would sign with.

I don't see our second half run as a moral victory. I see it as an important building block of things to come.
I am going be real. I understand what u are saying but
Until dolphins prove too me. They know what they are doing. We look same from 2005 to 2019. Just different coaches in charge... anything else is failing. It time for us too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200723-203641_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200723-203641_Chrome.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 2
I think the lack of OTA’s and rookie camp will slow the teams progress this season. With no preseason games and so many new and young players on the roster it is likely the Dolphins will start slowly to begin the season. I expect them to improve as the younger players adjust to the NFL and the new free agent additions get more comfortable playing in a new system.

The teams with veteran head coaches and few roster changes from last year will have a definite advantage early in the season. I have always thought that the 2020 season for the Dolphins was more about building the roster for the future. So I am not expecting a playoff team but I am expecting a team that is improving as the season goes along. To me the Dolphins are another good draft and a year away from being a legitimate playoff contender. It will be 2021 before I judge both Flores and Grier. If the Dolphins are still no better than mediocre once the 2021 season is over, then I will be concerned that they are not the right men for the job.

Until then, I will just sit back and see how the team develops and hope for the best.
I totally agree. The first part of the season is going to be really rough with all our young players. IMO. Improving as a team all season is all I hope for in this crazy year that provides a significant edge for experienced teams.

Jet fans feel exactly the same way regarding their team. After starting the 2019 season 2-7; they won 5 of their last 7 games which included wins over the Dolphins, Steelers and Bills. I have a friend who is a huge Jets fan and while he isn’t a fan of Gase, he thinks the Jets will win the AFC East in 2020.

Of course the fans of every NFL team goes into each new season with high expectations for their team. So we will have to see how the Dolphins develop with all the new players they have added and how effective the two new coordinators will be in their jobs with the Dolphins. If nothing else, it should be one of the most interesting seasons for the Dolphins in a long time.

Preston Williams' heath will be a factor in how good our offense can be. With him and DVP on the outside Miami has two mismatches.

Back
Top Bottom