----State of the team---- | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

----State of the team----

McMichael

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
----State of the team LOOKS GOOD----

THE STATE OF THE TEAM SO FAR LOOKS REALLY GOOD TO ME, POST WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!!!!!

I know it's still early... but Parcells and CO. are already doing GREAT things for our Dolphins...

DRAFT - 4 OF OUR FIRST 5 PICKS WERE LINEMAN!!!!!!... FINALLY !!!

SIZE - This team is getting a lot bigger. Traded for a 258 pound tight end, and also traded/drafted more big players on both lines.

QB - The drafting of Henne is a GREAT move. It adds someone who will PUSH Beck to perform better. It gives us an insurance policy in case Beck completely fails....... another highly-rated QB (Henne) to test to NFL standards.. see if he can be a "franchise" QB.

I think we still need more Corners and Recievers at the moment, but Parcells has really helped our lines on both sides of the ball so far.

This has been a solid offseason so far. We have dramatically improved nearly every position on the team, I just wish we could do something to help out at cornerback. All in good time I guess. This team should be far more competitive than it was last year and remember all those close games we lost last year, I don't think we'll see too much of that this year. This team will be better conditioned and far more motivated to perform than they have been in years.

After our new offensive line has some time to jell, I think we will see a marked improvement over last year. I am thinking we will be able to go 8-8 and I would'nt have thought that 3 weeks ago. I'm already ready for football season and we still have to wait what 10-11 weeks for camp to start.

THE STATE OF THE TEAM SO FAR LOOKS REALLY GOOD TO ME, POST WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!!!!!

I know it's still early... but Parcells and CO. are already doing GREAT things for our Dolphins...

SIZE - This team is getting a lot bigger. Traded for a 258 pound tight end, and also traded/drafted more big players on both lines.

QB - The drafting of Henne is a GREAT move. It adds someone who will PUSH Beck to perform better. It gives us an insurance policy in case Beck completely fails....... another highly-rated QB (Henne) to test to NFL standards.. see if he can be a "franchise" QB.

I think we still need more Corners and Recievers at the moment, but Parcells has really helped our lines on both sides of the ball so far.

I said last year we did not draft enough linemen. It can only be a good thing.

I am optimistic that some of these picks will contribute this year. After some real competition this year, they should only improve!

I put us at .500 this season. Playoffs will depend on the other teams, but it doesn't look good yet. I think the manor in which this team plays on day one will determine the rest of the season. These kids are young! A loss to the Jets will mean a loosing season and so on. A win will secure a safe spot in our division behind the pats for the rest of the year.

So far so good.....but it's going to be baby steps and more baby steps.This could be the year we finally turn it around but bear in mind that some of these guys are really young and so far unproven in the NFL.
I was kind of wondering about Sparano myself.....I think he defers a lot to Parcells because BP is,well, BP.Parcells will continue to be very hands on with this team until he is satisfied with it.I think once training camp starts we might see more of Sparano.

I think we have a playoff team but thats if 2 things happen

1. Ronnie Brown must return to pre-injury form, he was killer last season I don't think there was a better back over that 7 game span. He has a better o-line this season but is coming off of that all to common ACL injury for a RB. but hey Frank Gore is good after two ACL tears so theres hope

2. McCown has to be somewhat of a caretaker with the ball. I say McCown because I think he will start since the other two are inexperienced. but whoever the QB is they have to avoid costly mistakes. we will play a field position game all year, relying on our running game and defense.

our STs is much improved so we should win the field position game there

off to a positive start. i see us going 6-10 or 7-9, which is pretty good considering the difficulty of our schedule.

I think we have a playoff team but thats if 2 things happen

1. Ronnie Brown must return to pre-injury form, he was killer last season I don't think there was a better back over that 7 game span. He has a better o-line this season but is coming off of that all to common ACL injury for a RB. but hey Frank Gore is good after two ACL tears so theres hope

2. McCown has to be somewhat of a caretaker with the ball. I say McCown because I think he will start since the other two are inexperienced. but whoever the QB is they have to avoid costly mistakes. we will play a field position game all year, relying on our running game and defense.

our STs is much improved so we should win the field position game there

i agree too many are overlooking MCCown as our early starter, just not sure Henne or Beck are ready to surpass him yet.

im ready for this season ive been watching the dolphins for my whole life and out of everything ive seen in my life this has been the most exciting thing ive seen in a while since we almost made the playoffs like 5 or 6 years ago but i think we are gonna be descent this year and are just onna get better

We will pick up some June 1 cuts. Overall, I believe we are heading in the right direction. We are deeping our roster 1-53. Skill position players will be the next step. We are ahead of the curve in our process, we got bigger and younger!

anyone know off of the top of their head approximately where our cap space will be sitting after we sign all of these rookies ?

I owuld love 8-8 but based on how bad we were last year I would consider it a win if we end up 5-11 and we beat the Patsies just ONCE.!

Back
Top Bottom