Reaction score
Just a mental health announcement. It'll be better
for everyone's sanity if you don't expect or count
on a trade down.

Just let it happen and be happy if that's what
you want but don't count on it.

I've seen people on here go off the deep end
when a rumor doesn't come to be.

Couldn't agree with you more. I've been having to beat myself over the head almost to get these trade rumors to stop taking up so much of my attention. All I'm doing is setting myself up for disappointment. The rest of the week is going to be spent on convincing myself that we're picking at 2 and nothing more. Anything else is a bonus.

I Gruden was going to give up that much, he might as well talk to San Fran.

Sgt.FinFan said:
Just a mental health announcement. It'll be better
for everyone's sanity if you don't expect or count
on a trade down.

Just let it happen and be happy if that's what
you want but don't count on it.

I've seen people on here go off the deep end
when a rumor doesn't come to be.

Who knows what is gonna happen. I hope and think a trade will happen, but I will also be happy with whoever Saban feels is worthy at #2.

Yeah, I still don't see why Tampa would give up so much to get a QB when they have money invested in Griese who is productive, and Simms who has potential to be very good. Maybe if a QB fell to them and they took him that would be a different story, but to trade a second and possible third to move up for a player you don't really need is questionable.

I estimate a trade is very unlikely, unless we accept beneath chart value.

Again, things invariably drift to the beginning. We were told, and correctly so, for months that the players atop this draft were blanketed in ability. So what has changed? A few workouts and a combine. Ha. Why would Tampa Bay or any other suitor buck that conventional wisdom and surrender a flock of picks/players to vault a few spots?

The simplest criteria is to place ourselves down the board, let's say at #5 to #11. Would anyone here want to give up typical cost to jump into the top 2? Count me out on that one.

sports24/7 said:
Yeah, I still don't see why Tampa would give up so much to get a QB when they have money invested in Griese who is productive, and Simms who has potential to be very good. Maybe if a QB fell to them and they took him that would be a different story, but to trade a second and possible third to move up for a player you don't really need is questionable.

Obviously Gruden doesn't think that Simms has that potential

I fully expect a trade down! In the third round!

sports24/7 said:

Simms has been a flop, he has not developed, Gruden is not impressed.

Awsi Dooger said:
I estimate a trade is very unlikely, unless we accept beneath chart value.

Again, things invariably drift to the beginning. We were told, and correctly so, for months that the players atop this draft were blanketed in ability. So what has changed? A few workouts and a combine. Ha. Why would Tampa Bay or any other suitor buck that conventional wisdom and surrender a flock of picks/players to vault a few spots?

The simplest criteria is to place ourselves down the board, let's say at #5 to #11. Would anyone here want to give up typical cost to jump into the top 2? Count me out on that one.
I'd take our 1st for Tampa's 1st, 2nd, and a pick next year (3rd or 4th).

BlueFin said:
Simms has been a flop, he has not developed, Gruden is not impressed.
He is still very young though. Even still, it is a big risk to take a QB early in the first, but trading your 2nd and possible 3rd pick to take a QB high in the first is even more risky especially when you aren't a very good team and have a few holes. I guess they like Smith that much, but to me it seems unlikely.

Well If We Dont Trade Then For Feidler's Sakes I Hope We Can Get Qb Frye, Te Bajema, Rb Morency Or Cadilac Williams And Wr Braddley Then We Can Open Up The Compitiion And Have A Killer Offense. Am I Right ? Of Course I Am Right! The Great Mercury 40 Is Either Right Or Dave Wannstedt Is A Hall Of Fame Coach.

THIS WAS PAID FOR BY THE IMPETUOUS MERCURY FOR PRESIDENT OF THE USA THE GREATEST NATION IN THE WORLD.

people have their reasons for everything. we dont have to know all of them. im sure the rumors of trading don are true because u dont see any of those organizations out there denying thier want to trade up with us or anyone else. but to say there definately going to happen is lunacy. so many little things have to happen to get a trade of this calibur started and completed. we dont even know if these teams have contacted one another yet and were already talking about who were going to pick with minnesots 2 first rounders or tampas second. so i think your advice is excellent. we should think about who and y we should pick who ever we ick at our #2 spot. and if we trade which imo will be on draft day then welll talk about wholl well pick with someones elses picks.

I'd be abit disappointed if we cou'dnt trade down a bit and get some extra picks but if we stay at 2, I would still be excited unless we draft Benson. I'd go postal if we get him. :fire:

Back
Top Bottom