Stay the course... keep our picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stay the course... keep our picks

FINatic054

Scout Team
Reaction score
I know many of you have been like me lately and weighing whether making a play on Watson would be in our best interest. Yes the guy is a stud and top 7 QB in the league. Yes he’s in his prime and would immediately make us better. But how much? I mean he took a team with quite frankly better offensive weapons to a dismal season and a top 3 pick in the draft.. thank you!

I say this bc it shows yes it’s a QB driven league but these QBs need help. They need weapons around them!

josh Allen was a bottom dweller just 1 year ago. What changed? Look at the weapons. The addition of Diggs and Beasley as well as some superb play from the other WRs on that team. The bills knew he had the talent but needed help. They went out and signed Diggs and Brown as well as Beasley and revamped the entire receiving core.

This is what we need to do. We need an entire revamp. The ONLY WR worth keeping on this team IMO is Grant and only for his return ability. We need 3 new WRs. We need a RB. Tua needs help and with the draft assets we have and financial flexibility we can do this and do it right.

The other option is sell the farm for Watson and what do we have to help him? Gesicki which is above average at best? Parker who can’t get separation and has become nothing more then a possession WR? This move would improve our QB position greatly but everything else would suffer. Me? I’d rather keep Tua who has shown flashes and has had a better rookie season then a lot of the greats including Peyton Manning.

Tua, Devonte Smith, either a Smith Schuster/Godwin/Robinson, and Najee looks a lot better then

Watson, and what we have. Can we rent a decent WR or RB for the year? Sure but after this year Watsons numbers are so high there would be little for other holes.

I know many of you have been like me lately and weighing whether making a play on Watson would be in our best interest. Yes the guy is a stud and top 7 QB in the league. Yes he’s in his prime and would immediately make us better. But how much? I mean he took a team with quite frankly better offensive weapons to a dismal season and a top 3 pick in the draft.. thank you!

I say this bc it shows yes it’s a QB driven league but these QBs need help. They need weapons around them!

josh Allen was a bottom dweller just 1 year ago. What changed? Look at the weapons. The addition of Diggs and Beasley as well as some superb play from the other WRs on that team. The bills knew he had the talent but needed help. They went out and signed Diggs and Brown as well as Beasley and revamped the entire receiving core.

This is what we need to do. We need an entire revamp. The ONLY WR worth keeping on this team IMO is Grant and only for his return ability. We need 3 new WRs. We need a RB. Tua needs help and with the draft assets we have and financial flexibility we can do this and do it right.

The other option is sell the farm for Watson and what do we have to help him? Gesicki which is above average at best? Parker who can’t get separation and has become nothing more then a possession WR? This move would improve our QB position greatly but everything else would suffer. Me? I’d rather keep Tua who has shown flashes and has had a better rookie season then a lot of the greats including Peyton Manning.

Tua, Devonte Smith, either a Smith Schuster/Godwin/Robinson, and Najee looks a lot better then

Watson, and what we have. Can we rent a decent WR or RB for the year? Sure but after this year Watsons numbers are so high there would be little for other holes.
Yes, Josh Allen got an alpha receiver...but Josh Allen also developed his immense physical talent and his accuracy.

Tua does not possess his type of raw physical skills...Herbert does.

Hopefully, Tua develops what he is, and displays the accuracy, anticipation and quick decision making to become successful in this league.

If he doesn’t....and we missed again, we also missed a chance at utilizing another Opportunity at an elite QB pick at #3 .

The Watson decision simply boils down to price...I believe he is elite and better than top 7, more like top 3 or 4.

If you can get him reasonably it is a no brainer!

One minor thing - Brown & Beasley were both in Buffalo the year before for Allen. It was Diggs who made a huge difference.

I agree though. Stay on point with the rebuild.

I'd keep Parker though. He was banged up all year and still put up decent numbers. Once Tua started using him a bit, he was going well in that final game against Buffalo, Tua is a smart guy and will learn from that.

I'm with aqua here. Trading back isn't always the better move. At #3 we can take the best receiver in the draft, whoever we think that is. If we trade down I wouldn't want to fall past 8 or 9. We must have a game changing receiver here if Sewell is gone.

A year ago the Bills were a 10 win team and in the playoffs lol. How is that a bottom dweller? Allen had a solid year last year. They got him weapons and he had an awesome year and won the division. But he was not a bottom dweller a year ago!

Yes, Josh Allen got an alpha receiver...but Josh Allen also developed his immense physical talent and his accuracy.

Tua does not possess his type of raw physical skills...Herbert does.

Hopefully, Tua develops what he is, and displays the accuracy, anticipation and quick decision making to become successful in this league.

If he doesn’t....and we missed again, we also missed a chance at utilizing another Opportunity at an elite QB pick at #3 .

The Watson decision simply boils down to price...I believe he is elite and better than top 7, more like top 3 or 4.

If you can get him reasonably it is a no brainer!
I think Watson is better right now than Tua can ever hope to be. If Tua is our guy, we better build a great Oline, get great WRs, and an amazing defense, because the QB is just a game manager...there is nothing special about him.

I think Watson is better right now than Tua can ever hope to be. If Tua is our guy, we better build a great Oline, get great WRs, and an amazing defense, because the QB is just a game manager...there is nothing special about him.
And you’re sure about this? After only 9 games? Either you’re Nostradamus, or you’re an NFL Super Scout.

Smith is a generational WR and we need to snag him especially if we’re gonna roll with Tua. With that said i believe in Tua, but what successful QB wins without good talent around him. Watson had Hopkins, and Josh has Diggs. This draft is not coming down to us trying to split the atom here, we need very good playmakers and that’s where we’re going.

You were doing great till you mention Grant. He should be the first one cut.

I know I have said it before, and I will say it again I’m sure, but the level of fan boy for Josh Allen around here is unreal. People here went from mocking how inaccurate he was to talking about how he is the football god that Tua could never hope to compete with in a season, lol.

Josh Allen is the prime example of what excellent coaching and committing to your franchise QB can build. His year 2 jump came when they added Beasley and Brown. His year 3 jump came when they added a top 5, or at least top 10, WR in Diggs. The addition of an elite center, Mitch Morse, last season has also solidified their line.

We watched a QB who is 6 foot and 210lbs tear up the NFL for 20 seasons. Tua is more athletic than Brees and if he gets the strength in his lower body back that he had before the injury his arm is slightly stronger as well. We need to commit to Tua and build around him. Thankfully, all signs point to our FO and coaching staff planning to do exactly that.

Back
Top Bottom