steal on draft day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

steal on draft day

SweepeR

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Title is....
Stovall, Winston could be steals (croyle was another one)

" It's not uncommon for second-round draft picks to outperform their first-round counterparts as NFL rookies. For starters, second-round picks rarely hold out in training camp due to contract disputes.
Secondly, many second-round picks are first-round talents who wind up slipping on draft day due to character or medical concerns. Often times, these types of players enter the league with a chip on their shoulder and are out to prove the other 31 teams wrong for passing up on them.

ILB Kendrell Bell (Steelers) was a perfect example in 2001, as was Clinton Portis (Broncos) in 2002, Anquan Boldin (Cardinals) in 2003 and RB Julius Jones (Cowboys) in 2004. "

quote from Insider, i dindt post the link b/c usually some ppl can't read it due to it being an insider.

You know I could be wrong but I always thought there was 32 teams in the league. :goof:

dolphinfan2k5 said:
You know I could be wrong but I always thought there was 32 teams in the league. :goof:

Wow, open mouth insert foot. 31 OTHER teams + current team = 32 teams

dolphinfan2k5 said:

did you read? did i say anything about OUR team? or did it say possible steals OVERALL.

read things, then reread it if you dont understand it fully.

dolphinfan2k5 said:
They still passed him once.

who passed who once? NONE OF THOSE 3 HAVE HIT DRAFT DAY YET! ITS IN 06!

dolphinfan2k5 said:

He did state 31 passing. :evil:

SweepeR said:
Title is....
Stovall, Winston could be steals (croyle was another one)

" It's not uncommon for second-round draft picks to outperform their first-round counterparts as NFL rookies. For starters, second-round picks rarely hold out in training camp due to contract disputes.
Secondly, many second-round picks are first-round talents who wind up slipping on draft day due to character or medical concerns. Often times, these types of players enter the league with a chip on their shoulder and are out to prove the other 31 teams wrong for passing up on them.

ILB Kendrell Bell (Steelers) was a perfect example in 2001, as was Clinton Portis (Broncos) in 2002, Anquan Boldin (Cardinals) in 2003 and RB Julius Jones (Cowboys) in 2004. "

quote from Insider, i dindt post the link b/c usually some ppl can't read it due to it being an insider.

While I agree that Stovall, Winston, and Croyle could be steals...I think that thesis kind of assumes that no second round pick should outperform a first round pick...and thats a bit flawed. We all know it breaks down to percentages. Then again nothing they say is really wrong I mean yeah there's dudes go in the 2nd because of attitude or injury or whatever the case and then they go in with a chip on their shoulder and play lights out. They probably should have mentioned Chambers though heh.

SweepeR said:
did you read? did i say anything about OUR team? or did it say possible steals OVERALL.

read things, then reread it if you dont understand it fully.

What? I didn't say anything about what you said. I commented on what you quoted. Is this really a big deal, it's a matter of opinion.

SweepeR said:
who passed who once? NONE OF THOSE 3 HAVE HIT DRAFT DAY YET! ITS IN 06!

I used "him" as a generic a second round draft pick. You know, he was drafted in the second round meaning 32 first round teams passed on him.

dolphinfan2k5 said:
I used "him" as a generic a second round draft pick. You know, he was drafted in the second round meaning 32 first round teams passed on him.

:confused: On who??

"other 31 teams" passed on him doesn't imply the 32nd team didn't pass on him, so that write up doesn't imply there are only 31 teams in the league.

Back
Top Bottom