Steelers Game Reaction. I love this season! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Game Reaction. I love this season!

Isnt that the reason for the "tank"? The number #1 overall pick?
Isnt that why "tankers" want us to lose every game?
As the crown jewel? Sure, but that's not the only thing we've done here so why do we keep trying to compare it to other teams before us and how it has or hasn't worked out?

This is literally unprecedented in this sport. Other teams in other sports have done this and it has worked, so to try and pretend like it wouldn't work in the NFL is a little strange just because it hasn't been done. Try and have a little foresight.

Here's your post: "Well the browns have been tanking for years, that hasn’t worked. The Colts sucked for Luck that didn’t work out. The Lions tanked or lost every game, that didn’t work. Let’s not pretend this is going to cure the problem. "

If you want to all of a sudden limit it to the first overall pick and that's it, YOU'RE the one moving the goal posts because that's not the only thing we're doing here which is completely transparent.

Try harder.
So let’s pick up the conversation in the middle of a conversation, I asked if this is the right process, and you chimed in and said it has never been done before in the NFL. I just pointed out three teams that are at the bottom of the barrel like the dolphins and it didn’t work for them getting the number one pick, didn’t change a thing. So answer my question how did suck for luck work out. Oh yeah that’s right it has been done in the NFL

So let’s pick up the conversation in the middle of a conversation, I asked if this is the right process, and you chimed in and said it has never been done before in the NFL. I just pointed out three teams that are at the bottom of the barrel like the dolphins and it didn’t work for them getting the number one pick, didn’t change a thing. So answer my question how did suck for luck work out. Oh yeah that’s right it has been done in the NFL
Colts had 3 first rounders and the most cap space in the league that year? Dang, I learn something new every day. I also love you using Luck as some sort of example to your argument when injury was the reason which could happen to anyone at any time to make all strategies null and void and also this hilarious notion that we wouldn't have traded the last 7 years for what the Colts have had.

As the crown jewel? Sure, but that's not the only thing we've done here so why do we keep trying to compare it to other teams before us and how it has or hasn't worked out?

This is literally unprecedented in this sport. Other teams in other sports have done this and it has worked, so to try and pretend like it wouldn't work in the NFL is a little strange just because it hasn't been done. Try and have a little foresight.
So now you’re comparing a five man team sport to a 22 man team sport. That’s apples to apples.

I think they are gonna invest in dbs during day 2 of the coming draft.

We field practice squad level talents

Agreed you can grow a team without the first pick and quite frankly, I think Miami will pick second or even third. But having the top pick gives you access to everyone on the board. There's no risk of the team at 1 or 2 picking the guy you covet.

You forgot to add the top pick gives you leverage over other teams. Not just for a player in the draft but draft value wise should you trade it.

Leverage Miami needs regardless of what their intentions are.

I know who you want with the first pick (Tua) what’s your thoughts on the other day one picks.
I don’t watch enough college ball to make a judgment one way or the other.

I agree the question is this by design to tank or not? May not know till next year unfortunately.

I know who you want with the first pick (Tua) what’s your thoughts on the other day one picks.
I don’t watch enough college ball to make a judgment one way or the other.

Depends where they finish really. But yes I’m all in on tua

I know everyone is upset about the game.
But honestly this team is showing more heart than any of the Gase teams.
Heck this team with less talent has more heart than the Falcons, Bills, Jets, Bengals etc...

The coaching staff are making some bad mistakes. But the schemes they're putting on the field is way ahead of the stuff we've had in the past
This team right now is just lacking the talent to compete for 4 quaters.

#Fins up
By design or just for tanking? I agree team shows heart and kids are playing better so my most important concern about do we have a coach needle is currently north.

Any one of those kids in Ohio State's secondary would fit the bill. All of them can tackle. Utah CB Jaylon Johnson started out slow earlier in the year but has come on the last few weeks. He's another player who tackles well. But I agree I expect a huge overhaul in the secondary using F/A and the draft to find the right fits.

Okay 9 man team versus 22 man team. I see the comparison now.
25 active players vs 46 active players, but you're definitely right. That 26th best player on the NFL roster won't be good because the tank wouldn't be complete like baseball! Good call, bro. I didn't think of that...

Any one of those kids in Ohio State's secondary would fit the bill. All of them can tackle. Utah CB Jaylon Johnson started out slow earlier in the year but has come on the last few weeks. He's another player who tackles well. But I agree I expect a huge overhaul in the secondary using F/A and the draft to find the right fits.

Nothing matters more for dbs in terms of their draft stock than what they run so we will probably get a better idea for what their values are after the combine.

Back
Top Bottom