Steelers Game Reaction. I love this season! | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Game Reaction. I love this season!

25 active players vs 46 active players, but you're definitely right. That 26th best player on the NFL roster won't be good because the tank wouldn't be complete like baseball! Good call, bro. I didn't think of that...
That’s obvious.

Looking at Cleveland, they tanked and traded for picks, saved up cap for splash moves, and are 2-5.
Got a franchise edge player in Garrett, maybe a good QB in Mayfield, have a very good RB and two very good to great WR on paper.

Still suck.

Maybe it's the coaching, or maybe the top players they drafted/signed/traded for aren't living up to their hype.

Ain't no guarantees in the NFL and the Dolphins have the same luck as the Browns in the 21st century.
Looking at Cleveland, they tanked and traded for picks, saved up cap for splash moves, and are 2-5.
Got a franchise edge player in Garrett, maybe a good QB in Mayfield, have a very good RB and two very good to great WR on paper.

Still suck.

Maybe it's the coaching, or maybe the top players they drafted/signed/traded for aren't living up to their hype.

Ain't no guarantees in the NFL and the Dolphins have the same luck as the Browns in the 21st century.
Give me the browns talent and Flores as the head coach, I would be happy. Given that talent and a good coach and they would be a great team.

The bottom line is we are all in on Flores. These free agents and draft picks are the type of players Flores wants. Few head coaches get to remake a roster the way Flores will in a short fashion. If Flores is the real deal and we hit on his players both in free agency and the draft (probably 20 new players next yr) ,then we are building something. Then the next yr when we again should have a fair amount of cap and a lot of draft picks we can adjust the rest of the roster. However if Flores is the wrong hire we will hurt from this period for a long time

The players I watched last night were trying. The coaching side?....hmmm. Those players are being put in a position to fail. Especially over 4Qtrs. They are going into every game under manned. Name one unit on that team that cannot do with an injection of talent and playmaking ability. Howard is gone for the season so that's another hit.

I am not even lying. This team is obviously tanking but it has so much potential. After another 2 free agency periods and drafts we should be able to compete.
Hilarious. As if two drafts and free agency periods will all of a sudden fix this team. You must have just appeared on earth and have no recollection of the last 20 years of Dolphins history.

The Browns didn't tank, for the record. They are constantly brought up as a reference point for what we are going through only because they similarly had a lot of draft capital over a short period of time. That's lazy analysis.

There is no comparison for the blue print between both franchises.

The Browns passed on Goff, Wentz, Watson and Mahomes. They weren't tanking, they were circling the toilet bowl for years already.

The Browns amassed their picks by passing on QB's, waiting for the right one and subsequently passed on 4 guys that would've been "the right one" for a Faker.

The Dolphins obviously amassed their picks by trading the players they already had and in both cases appeared to have scored better than expected value.

Do everything the opposite of the Cleveland Browns. Don't pass on the QB, don't use all your picks up in a short period of time without securing future assets. Don't trade for veteran WR's and pay them big money.

Last edited:
Hilarious. As if two drafts and free agency periods will all of a sudden fix this team. You must have just appeared on earth and have no recollection of the last 20 years of Dolphins history.

With that mentality, how do you stomach the Big O Show? I heard him shout you out. :lol:

With that mentality, how do you stomach the Big O Show? I heard him shout you out. :lol:
Don't know who the big O is, or if that's just the name of a show but I'm not surprised I was mentioned. I am quite famous.

Right, I'
This team sucks on purpose this year, which is better that sucking...not on purpose. Thats all I got.
Right. I'd much more concerned if they were trying NOT TO SUCK.

It’s a better plan than going 8-8 forever
You know how most 8-8 teams become contenders? They have a good draft and get better coaches. They don't burn the neighborhood down. And if you have no confidence in the front office's ability to have a really good draft to turn an 8-8 team into a 12-4 team, then trusting them to rebuild what is now a 70s expansion roster is lunacy.

The Browns didn't tank, for the record. They are constantly brought up as a reference point for what we are going through only because they similarly had a lot of draft capital over a short period of time. That's lazy analysis.

There is no comparison for the blue print between both franchises.

The Browns passed on Goff, Wentz, Watson and Mahomes. They weren't tanking, they were circling the toilet bowl for years already.

The Browns amassed their picks by passing on QB's, waiting for the right one and subsequently passed on 4 guys that would've been "the right one" for a Faker.

The Dolphins obviously amassed their picks by trading the players they already had and in both cases appeared to have scored better than expected value.

Do everything the opposite of the Cleveland Browns. Don't pass on the QB, don't use all your picks up in a short period of time without securing future assets. Don't trade for veteran WR's and pay them big money.

Sports media is filled with lazy analysis, which is why I only listen to a few people. The ones who take pride in what they do.

Back
Top Bottom